Any Chance of a G10 Calypso Jr.?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MachSchnell

Any Chance of a G10 Calypso Jr.?

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcusH

Re: Any Chance of a G10 Calypso Jr.?

Post by MarcusH »

Sal showed during the 2012 Amsterdam Meet two prototypes for a Sprint Run of the classic C52 and C54.
The Sprint of the C54 eventually came at the end of 2012.
I asked Sal in 2013 in A'dam about the missing Sprint of the Calypso jr., he said that I most probably wouldn't come due to quality issues.
This turned out to be true, so I wouldn't be particular optimistic for a Sprint of the C52 in the near future.

Just in case that some of our new forumites can't visualize the model we are talking about, it's this one:

MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Apparently news of a matching Calypso Jr. sprint to the brown Calypso sprint was before my time, and sadly so since I would have been pushing for this adamantly since then! I know that the Japanese maker is having some QC issues these days, but I truly am sad that the Caly (and now apparently the Calypso :() lines are in the crossfire. Since we see the Urban and other Caly-like brethren now coming out of Maniago, could we consider moving the Caly line there too? I know there is much honor at stake surrounding the Caly line as it's a mainstay for the company (right?!?), but there is a point where decisions need to be made (and this decision to move knives to Italy has been made previously for other models).

I would absolutely love to see a linered G10 Calypso Jr. sprint, Sal any chance that this is even still on the drawing board?!? The potential for an option for a SE counterpart I'm sure would make several forum members here have a heart attack! :D
Last edited by RadioactiveSpyder on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I'm all ears for any talk regarding a Calypso or Caly. :)
Going back to Caly.