Post your Spyderco scar

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Post your Spyderco scar

Post by SG89 »

A Manbug Zdp189 bit me the other day while I was prying... Don't worry it was only pistachio shells lol. Do y'all have any spydie wounds? :spyder:
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TheOutdoorNerd

Re: Post your Spyderco scar

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

Luckily just a couple nicks in the last 20 years and nothing that's drawn blood.
Reject

Post by Reject »

The import regulations have changed in Australia, Image so this a current wound.
:D But I am resilient.

Image Image

Sorry Spydergirl; :o I know it’s not the brief. :D But some one had to do it sooner or later.
Last edited by Reject on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How much can a Koala bear?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Lol reject
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This little line above my fingernail. That was one of the worst cuts I've ever had, I just did an exceptional job closing it up if I do say so myself. It scarred but it's so thin you have to catch light shining on it to really see it. It's about 3/4 inch long but you can't see it all in the pic.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

No scar, but my Yo2 bit my thumb the day I picked her up, when I attempted to stop her from puncturing one of my testicles...

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

My valotton bit me

And now, looks bad cause I had a pimple on it lol
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

One of my sisters is a paramedic and another one of my sisters is a survivalist who used to be a teacher with the peace corps in some of the most remote regions of the world.

My trauma kit has most of the common items a paramedic would have. So, when it finally happens, I'm fairly proud of some of the items in my kit. And even though I have some weird Zen thing about not getting cut by knives, I still injure myself plenty, so that New Skin has already seen use a couple times. It's basically super glue with an antiseptic.

Birdman21

Post by Birdman21 »

Cameron wrote:No scar, but my Yo2 bit my thumb the day I picked her up, when I attempted to stop her from puncturing one of my testicles...

Sounds like u got off pretty light to me! Lol
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Only pic I have is from the ER and too bloody for the web; I can't even look at it myself. Basically sliced my left index finger fairly deep and severed a nerve. The ER docs did a wonderful job fixing the boo-boo. So good that I can barely see traces of the wound anymore, so no scar pic worth showing. I no longer have feeling in that finger, but I can now stir piping hot coffee (or anything else) without needing a spoon. It always freaks people out :eek:. Oh, it was an Endura.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Obviously it wasn't from a spydie, (unless he had one for hood ornament) but I couldn't resist.
image.jpeg
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Reject wrote:The import regulations have changed in Australia, Image so this a current wound.
:D But I am resilient.

Image Image
OMG, that's awful!!! I can empathize bro :p
wallace47

Post by wallace47 »

Most of my spydie's have bitten me,but no real scars yet,i always keep a band aid by the computor in case of acidents whilst absent mindedly playing with them.I always like to spot the band aid on peoples fingers when they do utube reviews. :D
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have no real Spydie bites. I try to be careful. I do have a number of scars from other knives of past years. I cut through my whole finger with a linoleum carving knife. A nice U shaped slice side to side and to the bone. Another I have is a missing chunk from the end of one of my fingers because of a chef knife. A little flavoring in the food. :D Then, I have another scar where a guy stabbed me in the hand. (ouch)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Got bit by my Delica yesterday; not a scar yet, but it's gonna be... Image
Slone

Re: Post your Spyderco sca

Post by Slone »

This is growse.

I think you shouldn't use sharp Spyderco blades for your own safety. :rolleyes:
Or practice with the wood-kit first ! :D
Be extra careful around your crotch area !!
Mostly because your major vascular system is running around there.

Stay Unsharpened ! :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I'll try to get a picture of my Spydie scar uploaded soon. My scar came from closing a brand-new SE Harpy blade onto the main knuckle on my right index finger. Hard. :( It took several stitches to close the wound. The ER doc said that the SE blade severed a tendon, so my index finger has been crooked ever since.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

I have more than I'd care to admit, one of the only ones that I have a visible scar from is on my foot. I dropped a freshly sharpened para 2 into the side of my foot. It was a squirter for sure. Ironically I'm wearing the same socks as I was when it happened so I didnt even need to remove my socks. :rolleyes: No stitches were needed, socks stopped the initial bleeding and a paper towel or two finished the job. Lesson to be learned: give your knives the respect they deserve. Image
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

The worst cut I've gotten from a spydie was given to me as I snatched a freshly sharpened s90v yojimbo 2 off of a previous lover's wrist. Unfortunately I grabbed it by the blade. Sliced me all the way across my palm, required 13 stitches to close it, and I still have nerve damage in my index finger and my pinky. I'd do it again though, people don't realize how sharp these knives can get. If I hadn't grabbed it, it certainly would've been much worse for her than it was for me. The knife was so sharp that there is hardly a scar remaining, good job doc!
kirilpetkov

Post by kirilpetkov »