East Coast seconds sal>?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ankerson

Re: East Coast seconds sale?

Post by Ankerson »

The Deacon wrote:I'm sure there would be interest in a "local" seconds sale just about anywhere in the USA. Beyond that, it would probably follow the same logic as the one in Golden. A few die hards would consider it a pilgrimage and trek from great distances, but most attendees would be folks who lived within what they considered to be a reasonable driving distance. As an example, I would definitely drive an hour to go to one. Two hours, probably. The further beyond that, the less likely I would bother. Some may be willing to drive further, some only willing to drive less. Am sure each of us has their own cutoff points, but I'm sure most of us have them.

An online auction format would probably draw a larger audience.
Pretty much the same here, about a 2 hour drive max so it would be a one day trip without having to stay overnight.
jmh58

Re: East Coast seconds sal>?

Post by jmh58 »

You bet!!!!!!! :D :D John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yes! Within 2 or 3 hours of Baltimore would be awesome (which is pretty doable since there are many major cities within that range).
Last edited by tvenuto on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

2 thoughts I had about this. First was that it hopefully lead to one in Chicago or Minneapolis and I could finally participate. But after a little thought, I kinda like the seconds sale only at SFO. I have never been there but plan on one day making the trip and getting to participate in the sale and see the factory as well.

I doubt this is the reason, but if there are seconds that are not being purchased at the seconds sale you could just add a seconds page to this site and put them up here.
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Ankerson wrote:
The Deacon wrote:I'm sure there would be interest in a "local" seconds sale just about anywhere in the USA. Beyond that, it would probably follow the same logic as the one in Golden. A few die hards would consider it a pilgrimage and trek from great distances, but most attendees would be folks who lived within what they considered to be a reasonable driving distance. As an example, I would definitely drive an hour to go to one. Two hours, probably. The further beyond that, the less likely I would bother. Some may be willing to drive further, some only willing to drive less. Am sure each of us has their own cutoff points, but I'm sure most of us have them.

Pretty much the same here, about a 2 hour drive max so it would be a one day trip without having to stay overnight.
+2
Pennsylvania sounds good :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

sal wrote:Hi all,

Do you think there would be any interest in an East Coast seconds sale?

sal
Sir,

What do you think about East cost meet?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
NiallRiv

Post by NiallRiv »

I would be very interested in an East Coast seconds sale
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Seems like everyone just wants to drive an hour or two. I think for this to happen there needs to be some give and take here. Maybe find a middle ground between florida and Maine. Maybe Virginia or Kentucky area. I know personally this would be the farthest I would drive. Anything further and I'd have to pass. Of course it's up to everyone at spyderco and where ever they choose there will be happy people and unhappy people. I guess we will just wait and see.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

+2

Don't make it too easy to get cheap substitutes for a quality product. Online sales at a discount, then sell whatever is left over at the annual sale, e.g., A.G.Russell.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

bh49 wrote:
Ankerson wrote:

+2
Pennsylvania sounds good :)
YES it does!! Pittsburgh would be AWESOME!!!!!! 5 miles from my house!!!!! :D :D I would be willing to drive more than 2-3hrs and an over night stay would be just fine!! John :)
Last edited by jmh58 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

OldHoosier62 wrote:
WireEdge Roger wrote:I'd love it if you'd stop by Indiana on the way :D

Exactly.... :D
Yes indeed. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Oh heck yeah. That would be great. Thanks for asking.

I agree with Paul.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Positively, the weather is GREAT in Florida :spyder:
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

It sounds like a good idea. The question is where on the East Coast would it be?
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Not enough interest for me to overcome my aversion to going to any of the big blue states here on the east coast. There are very few I would go to for any reason. It's more likely I'd go out to Colorado than go up to NYC or thereabouts being completely honest.

joe
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

The Mastiff wrote:Not enough interest for me to overcome my aversion to going to any of the big blue states here on the east coast. There are very few I would go to for any reason. It's more likely I'd go out to Colorado than go up to NYC or thereabouts being completely honest.

joe
+1 on this Joe.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Honestly, this is the best answer overall.
paladin

Post by paladin »

Tennessee has the best knife laws in the USA-- auto ownership & carry (no LEO required), no blade length restrictions, and so on & so forth...just sayin' ;)

JUST BRING IT!!!!
losinground

Post by losinground »

tell us where! near Philly please.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I know this obviously wouldn't be on the East Coast, but what about Chicago?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal