Pocket Clips

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
usar

Pocket Clips

Post by usar »

I have seen Various reviews on knife pocket clips getting loose while carrying them in your front pocket reasons being getting attached to objects or doors you go through, in my experience and remedy for that is carrying in your back pocket because you tend not to run into obstructions that cause the clips to get caught on ! I have being carrying my EDC Knives in my back pocket for three years and yet to the present day have a clip attach to anything ! Now the clip getting loose that is part of maintenance to check and inspect and see if you need to tighten the clip I hope this helps someone out There !
SpyderNut

Re: Pocket Clips

Post by SpyderNut »

Valid points all around, usar. I have recently started to carry a Ladybug in my back pocket just to see how it feels. I know several here also carry larger knives (such as the Stretch or Military) in their back pockets for the reasons you mentioned.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I love my Military in my back right pocket next to my wallet. I carried my multi tool there for several years which got me out of the habit, but I broke down and started carrying it on my belt so I've been going back to the back pocket for larger knives.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I've always carried RBP, especially larger models. Sometimes I carry IWB about 5 o'clock. Never ever had problems with snagging the clip. Been doing this for many, many, many, many, many, many years. Tho sometimes still gotta be careful not to scratch the furniture or smooth leather couches.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The only time I've had a spydie fall was when it was clipped IWB. Most of my spydies ride inside front right pocket. However my bigger spydies are clipped to the right rear pocket. The first few days I had my pm2 I was squeezing through a rusted pipe fence gate and the top of my pm2 scraped against that dang gate and got rust all across the top of my foliage green g10. It hurt my heart a little I'm not going to lie. I decided to just roll with it, scars build character. Lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Right rear, Manix or Delica. Left rear (previously), Dragonfly. Think I'm going with Delica left rear. Knives clipped in a front pocket always are in the way when I want to retrieve something else.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I can't do back pocket carry. The clips snag my couch every time I sit down (especially the Military with its squared off clip). I always wear untucked shirts, and never have a problem with clips scratching or snagging clipped in the RFP.
:bug-red-white
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

As simplistic as this sounds, I still think a number of pocket clip issues (especially when carried clipped to the right/left front pockets) can be avoided by simply being aware and cautious of what you are doing and/or where you are going. Sure, I've snagged my clipped knives several times, but I can easily attribute each occasion to being in a rush or essentially not really paying attention to what I was doing.

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

SpyderNut wrote:As simplistic as this sounds, I still think a number of pocket clip issues (especially when carried clipped to the right/left front pockets) can be avoided by simply being aware and cautious of what you are doing and/or where you are going. Sure, I've snagged my clipped knives several times, but I can easily attribute each occasion to being in a rush or essentially not really paying attention to what I was doing.
Are you saying it's our own fault??? :eek: :p
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:As simplistic as this sounds, I still think a number of pocket clip issues (especially when carried clipped to the right/left front pockets) can be avoided by simply being aware and cautious of what you are doing and/or where you are going. Sure, I've snagged my clipped knives several times, but I can easily attribute each occasion to being in a rush or essentially not really paying attention to what I was doing.
Are you saying it's our own fault??? :eek: :p
Well, not necessarily. ;) I know that I tend to be more conscious of my right hip and what bumps into it at all times--even when I don't have a knife clipped to my right front pocket. However, if I anticipate getting bumped, etc., I will usually unclip the knife and just carry it loosely in the bottom of my right front pocket. (I guess if nothing else, this helps keep your pocket clips looking new. :p)