Best websites for uploading pics?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
LSM

Best websites for uploading pics?

Post by LSM »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!

I am new here. I own an Endura 4 V8-10 made for the "Usual Suspects Forum" that I have had in the box since 2009.

Can anyone tell me a good free website for uploading a picture? I have resized it to 55.5 kb. I would like to upload a picture of it and ask some questions.

Thank you very much! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Lisa
Johnnie1801

Re: Best websites for uploading pics?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Hi Lisa, you can add your pic as an attachment to your post or you can use a service like photobucket or flickr. You can also use tinypic or imagur.

Merry Christmas
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I have a wordpress blog for other purposes, but I also find it useful to uploading pics.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I've always used Tinypic because I don't have to setup an account and can quickly get on the website and upload. I have accounts on other sites like photo bucket, but always seem to use Tinypic for its ease of use.
-Nick :bug-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've always used Photobucket but I also like Flickr. Lately the Photobucket app has been a pain to use so I've been using Flickr more often. I think Photobucket is easier if your goal is to link pics on forums. They auto generate the img tag links for you which I really like when I'm on my phone.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

IMGUR is my favorite... Clean & straightforward interface, no ads, and you don't need to register an account to upload photos...

http://imgur.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Evil D wrote:I've always used Photobucket but I also like Flickr. Lately the Photobucket app has been a pain to use so I've been using Flickr more often. I think Photobucket is easier if your goal is to link pics on forums. They auto generate the img tag links for you which I really like when I'm on my phone.
The link they give me never has the.jpg extension. Where/how do I get the actual file link when I'm on my phone? Thank you!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

abbazaba wrote:
Evil D wrote:I've always used Photobucket but I also like Flickr. Lately the Photobucket app has been a pain to use so I've been using Flickr more often. I think Photobucket is easier if your goal is to link pics on forums. They auto generate the img tag links for you which I really like when I'm on my phone.
The link they give me never has the.jpg extension. Where/how do I get the actual file link when I'm on my phone? Thank you!
I'm assuming you mean from Flickr...because I have the same problem. On Flickr, I just upload my pics via the Flickr app, then open that pic up in my browser and copy image location, the on the forum here click the pic icon and paste. It's a lot more hassle than using Photobucket, where you can just copy the entire link that's ready to embed.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Evil D wrote:
abbazaba wrote:
I'm assuming you mean from Flickr...because I have the same problem. On Flickr, I just upload my pics via the Flickr app, then open that pic up in my browser and copy image location, the on the forum here click the pic icon and paste. It's a lot more hassle than using Photobucket, where you can just copy the entire link that's ready to embed.
Yes, I did mean Flickr. Thanks for deciphering my burned out holiday brain dump!