Lil Lionspy thoughts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J Smith

Lil Lionspy thoughts

Post by J Smith »

I have one on the way. What is your thoughts on it. Looks like a very nice heavy duty EDC.
gbelleh

Re: Lil Lionspy thoughts

Post by gbelleh »

I really like the Lil Lionspy. It has a very nice pocket clip, with good retention, and doesn't snag on everything like the full size Lionspy's clip. I find the size to be great for EDC, though the blade has a bit more belly near the tip than I like, and the blade is a bit thicker than I need. But I've happily carried the Lil Lionspy a lot over the last year.

:bug-red-white
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

It is a really good looking folder. Hope it feels and functions as well as it looks.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

This ones high on my want list. I love how much they resemble the Lionsteel SR1.
-Nick :bug-red
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Love it. In fact, I'm carrying at this very moment. :) As Gbelleh said, the pocket clip is a huge improvement from the larger Lionspy's original clip. I carry it mostly on weekends and love how it disappears in my pocket (whether clipped or just carried loosely). I have a feeling you'll love it too! Congrats on your new knife.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I love the Lil' Lionspy. I got one right when they came out, and I have been enjoying it for the past year. Here are a couple of pics until yours arrives:

BTG

Post by BTG »

Love it, possibly my favorite EDC, perfect size...a little thick & wide in the blade, that's what I like feels very solid, still slices well, and I always have my LBHB on my keychain if I need a pointy blade, been carrying everyday for about a month now.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Just got it. I have been neglecting Spydercos new models too long. Stuck with dealing with old models I always liked. This is impressive,IMO comes very close to CRKs current quality.
I think I am going to pull the trigger on a preorder of the 40th annv. Native next. Anyone know how knifecenter works their preorders.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I do not have the Lil' Lionspy but I do have the full size Lionspy. It is an impressive knife for sure. I like the fact that this collaboration was actually made by the collaborator. I tried the smaller one and it just didn't fit my hand. The clip is definitely a big improvement.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

The Lil' LionSpy is a nice design by itself, but I prefer the original LionSteel SR-2 which is strangely enough much less expensive here in Europe even in the variant with Devin Thomas Damascus.