Lil Lionspy thoughts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J Smith

Lil Lionspy thoughts

Postby J Smith » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:28 am

I have one on the way. What is your thoughts on it. Looks like a very nice heavy duty EDC.

gbelleh

Re: Lil Lionspy thoughts

Postby gbelleh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:57 am

I really like the Lil Lionspy. It has a very nice pocket clip, with good retention, and doesn't snag on everything like the full size Lionspy's clip. I find the size to be great for EDC, though the blade has a bit more belly near the tip than I like, and the blade is a bit thicker than I need. But I've happily carried the Lil Lionspy a lot over the last year.

:D :spyder:

J Smith

Postby J Smith » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:14 pm

It is a really good looking folder. Hope it feels and functions as well as it looks.

Mushroom

Postby Mushroom » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:17 pm

This ones high on my want list. I love how much they resemble the Lionsteel SR1.
- Nick

:spyder:

SpyderNut

Postby SpyderNut » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Love it. In fact, I'm carrying at this very moment. :) As Gbelleh said, the pocket clip is a huge improvement from the larger Lionspy's original clip. I carry it mostly on weekends and love how it disappears in my pocket (whether clipped or just carried loosely). I have a feeling you'll love it too! Congrats on your new knife.
:spyder: Michael Reinhold

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

GoldenSpydie

Postby GoldenSpydie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:37 pm

I love the Lil' Lionspy. I got one right when they came out, and I have been enjoying it for the past year. Here are a couple of pics until yours arrives:

BTG

Postby BTG » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Love it, possibly my favorite EDC, perfect size...a little thick & wide in the blade, that's what I like feels very solid, still slices well, and I always have my LBHB on my keychain if I need a pointy blade, been carrying everyday for about a month now.

J Smith

Postby J Smith » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 pm

Just got it. I have been neglecting Spydercos new models too long. Stuck with dealing with old models I always liked. This is impressive,IMO comes very close to CRKs current quality.
I think I am going to pull the trigger on a preorder of the 40th annv. Native next. Anyone know how knifecenter works their preorders.

bearfacedkiller

Postby bearfacedkiller » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:42 pm

I do not have the Lil' Lionspy but I do have the full size Lionspy. It is an impressive knife for sure. I like the fact that this collaboration was actually made by the collaborator. I tried the smaller one and it just didn't fit my hand. The clip is definitely a big improvement.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

MarcusH

Postby MarcusH » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:33 pm

The Lil' LionSpy is a nice design by itself, but I prefer the original LionSteel SR-2 which is strangely enough much less expensive here in Europe even in the variant with Devin Thomas Damascus.

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”