Spyderco sighting in the wild

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Spyderco sighting in the wild

Post by twinboysdad »

pulled into my dry cleaners drive through and a guy I had never seen before comes out. I roll down the window and notice a Salt clip sticking out of his pocket. "Nice Spyderco" I say. He pulls it out and I tell him I have a few Salts and he looks confused. He opens it and low and behold it is a Gen 3 Endura in SE. I showed him my SS Dfly I had on me today. I see now why the Gen 3 folks are so adamant...that is a great tip and a great grind compared to the Gen 4 tip
SG89

Re: Spyderco sighting in the wild

Post by SG89 »

Cool story. I have yet to see a spyderco in the wild
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

My brother was "adventure shopping" and was at a pawn shop today, where he saw a Spydie for $89. He said he liked it but didn't know what it was worth. Probably an Endura or something. I'm guessing that pawn shops probably know what they are worth.

So he has come a long way from "hey, your knife looks cheap and flimsy" to recognizing them on the street and appreciating their quality.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

twinboysdad wrote:pulled into my dry cleaners drive through and a guy I had never seen before comes out. I roll down the window and notice a Salt clip sticking out of his pocket. "Nice Spyderco" I say. He pulls it out and I tell him I have a few Salts and he looks confused. He opens it and low and behold it is a Gen 3 Endura in SE. I showed him my SS Dfly I had on me today. I see now why the Gen 3 folks are so adamant...that is a great tip and a great grind compared to the Gen 4 tip
Yeah, Gen3 Endura :cool: :spyder: ! Now you know ! :D
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

I've told this story here before, but I'll do it again...

I was walking down the hall at work and noticed a guy in the doorway folding up a Spyderco Southard. I always carry mine and immediately assumed it had fallen out again and quickly did a pocket check. Mine was still in my pocket!?!? What are the chances a dude I work with is also a Spyderco nut? Well I guess it was pretty good that day.

It's nice to have a knife nut always nearby!
vlawson

Post by vlawson »

My good buddy's wife was out hiking recently and she found an old SS Dragonfly spyder edge on the trail! I sharpened it up and two days later, my buddy (who monitors bighorn sheep for the California fish and wildlife) used it to do an in-field dissection of a dead ewe. I'll post a picture if that's ok. Mild blood and visible bones...
"Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull
and cut a six-inch valley through the middle of my soul"