Down the Home Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zhyla

Re: Down the Home Stretch

Post by zhyla »

Everyone who raves about the Stretch raves about the stretch.

I had one. Got rid of it. Just didn't like the handle.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Bill1170 wrote:I'm wearing my blue ZDP Stretch today. I thinned it out and trimmed off the hump. It's right up there with my PM2 and my Delica(s) as one of my three favorite carry knives.

Would you mind posting some photos of your altered blue ZDP-189 Stretch? I'd like to see what you've done. :)
I haven't posted photos before, but I'll try.

Won't take even one image off my phone. Too big a file size. I'll see what I can do later on. Sorry.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Bill1170 wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:
Bill1170 wrote:I'm wearing my blue ZDP Stretch today. I thinned it out and trimmed off the hump. It's right up there with my PM2 and my Delica(s) as one of my three favorite carry knives.

Would you mind posting some photos of your altered blue ZDP-189 Stretch? I'd like to see what you've done. :)
I haven't posted photos before, but I'll try.

Won't take even one image off my phone. Too big a file size. I'll see what I can do later on. Sorry.

No need to apologize.
But, do yourself a favor and register with a free photo hosting site, like photobucket, or imgur, or flickr, etc. Then you can upload your photos (from your phone or computer), even large ones, and they'll get resized and you can copy and paste a direct link to those photos on any forum out there! :)
Going back to Caly.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I found a new FRN Stretch at a good price and ordered it today. Thanks again for all of your opinions.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Excellent! Enjoy, it is a great knife. I actually had one for a while and had a hard time getting it into the rotation. It is definitely an unassuming knife. You really have to use it to get it. I actually finally told my self to carry it everyday for a week or more and then sell it if it didn't work. I fell in love after a few days and I have been carrying one ever since. I am curious to hear your opinions after your recent thread comparing the Delica and ManixLW. I consider the Stretch and ManixLW to be very similar and interchangeable. I like the Stretch way better myself.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Image
I own the same pair!
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

bearfacedkiller wrote:... I am curious to hear your opinions after your recent thread comparing the Delica and ManixLW. I consider the Stretch and ManixLW to be very similar and interchangeable. I like the Stretch way better myself.
Interesting that you mention this. I have already started a draft article for my self defense carry website on this exact topic. I will post here after I get it done. I'm looking forward to comparing the two since they are in the same use category but very different in design philosophies: lock, steel, ergonomics, etc. This will be fun and interesting.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

You People are SICK; I have caught that Stretch sickness by osmosis... Now I'm waiting on the Stretch 2 in ZDP-189 w/brown G-10. I kept telling my self, it's too ugly, but in the back of my mind I had to get it after a stopping at Spyderco in Golden over Christmas week, why did you have to oh so casually place it on the display mat in front of me and then just walk away Kristi?!?!