Disco'd models on your to find list

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farnorthdan

Disco'd models on your to find list

Post by farnorthdan »

Seems like I'm always trying to hunt down a discontinued model, what pieces are you looking for or would like to pick up?

Lately I've been searching for a Zowada Carbon Fiber, not having much luck though. Does anyone have this piece and if so post up some pictures please, I need a little fix. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Mushroom

Re: Disco'd models on your to find list

Post by Mushroom »

I'd love to find a Zulu some time! I love the way it looks and I'm a fan of the corrugated g10 on the PPT, so i think Id like it.

I'd also love to find a bnib Junior at some point.
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I have a Zulu and I love it. You will too. I also want a Junior. And a Captain. :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The Zulu and Captain are also on my "someday" list. Seems like the Zulu is still somewhat available, the Captain not so much but still see them from time to time. How do you like the blade shape on the Zulu Spydergirl, is it a pain in the rear to sharpen?
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

If the zulu ever got the "PPT sprint run treatment", as in, re-released all blacked out, id be all over that!
-Nick :bug-red
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

No doubt about that mushroom, that would be one sweet spydie,

Another one on my someday list is the Breeden rescue, they don't pop up very often either.

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I'm actually quite satisfied with what I have, fortunately! :p. (Gotta keep telling myself that!)

But, a few I'd like to have for the right price would be a Barong, Ayoob, a Hossom (probably Dayhiker), SuperHawk, G10 Harpy, G10 Rookie, cts-20CP PM2, and a K390 Mule. Honestly none of those are really in my "must haves" category though. What I would love to find in my hands is a Trakker prototype.

By the way, not to rub it in, but the Breeden Rescue and Dialex Junior are 2 of my favorites in my line-up. :spyder:
Going back to Caly.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Farnorthdan- the Zulu is more of a "skill checker" when it comes to sharpening it. Not too difficult. The action though is outstanding. Smooth as he||
Spydergirl88
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I actually spent some time on Country knives today making a list of "must have someday" blades, to bad their prices are so dang high. I think what I'm going to do is make a buying plan for these rare birds(spydies) and try to slowly knock them off over the next year. I came away with 4 that I must have but still no Zowada, just cant seem to source one (other than the bay that is) for a reasonable price. The only one on the bay is $350.

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Farnorthdan- the Zulu is more of a "skill checker" when it comes to sharpening it. Not too difficult. The action though is outstanding. Smooth as he||
Do you use the sharpmaker or do you do something else?

SG89

Post by SG89 »

Are you only wanting these knives bnib or are used ok? Bc I get my rare spydies used in good condition off the bay. Lots of people on there that don't know what they have or are desperate for cash now. Just saying I've had good luck. Yes I use the Sharpmaker. Still learning but get better every day
Spydergirl88
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Yea, I've snagged a few off the bay, I'm Leary though. I got my rocklobster off the bay and it was pristine, numbered, even came with some paperwork that was not common and got it for a great price. Also recently picked up another SB Delica for a good price from the bay. Oh yea, got my M4 Millie from the bay too, it was used with no box and had some patina but other than that a really nice piece for a decent price. I check the bay often, probably snag 2 or 3 a year from there.

3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

The Kris. There's one local, but the price is more than I can afford at this point in time. I even held it, which made it that much more tantalizing, but I still can't afford it right now. Yes, it's tearing me apart lol.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

3rdGenRigger wrote:The Kris. There's one local, but the price is more than I can afford at this point in time. I even held it, which made it that much more tantalizing, but I still can't afford it right now. Yes, it's tearing me apart lol.

I'm a huge Schempp fan after owning and using many of his models.
I am also a huge Ethnic series fan.

But, the Kris is one model I just don't get, or atleast get attracted to. (Not that others shouldn't)

It is kind of cool looking, but just not where I'm looking at the moment. I feel like I'd just open my knife drawer and be like, "oh yeah, theres that one", then proceed to grab something else for the day.

A lot of people probably say this opinion about the Barong that I want, though, lol! :p
I just love the Khukuri so much that I feel I may enjoy the larger Barong occasionally.
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Those are two that are on my list too SH, jeez I'm starting to see a pattern here... :eek: :D

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

farnorthdan wrote:Those are two that are on my list too SH, jeez I'm starting to see a pattern here... :eek: :D

Haha, which ones; the Kris and Barong? Or Khukuri?
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpeedHoles wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Those are two that are on my list too SH, jeez I'm starting to see a pattern here... :eek: :D

Haha, which ones; the Kris and Barong? Or Khukuri?
The Barong and Khukuri, The Kris is pretty bada$$ looking but Iike you I just dont think it would be one I use.

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Ah yeah, I see. I'll let ya know if I ever see a khukuri deal pop up! :)
Going back to Caly.
remnar

Post by remnar »

I've posted this before in another thread and I just posted it over at USN. I hope it provides at least a little fix. :)
If you'd like more pics, then let me know and I'll see what I can do. ;)

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Ah...very nice Remnar, thank you. How do like this one, do you carry it much?