HAP40 Delica has arrived!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gingerninja

Re: HAP40 Delica has arrived!!

Post by gingerninja »

Got mine today, so stoked after thinking I had missed out.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Awesome gingerninja! I have one as my daily user and I am in love. Also have one on its way to me. I thought I had missed out on ever getting a second one at normal price but got lucky (again). Do you have pretty even lamination lines on yours?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Hey Spydergirl. The lamiation lines are not as good as my Endura and one side is better than the other. Ive seen better lines but Ive seen plenty worse lines. Im happy with it :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Good job gingerninja, looks like the only place with any left that i can find is BBS/$150 and country knifes/$140. I have a feeling these delicas are going to be as hot as the super blues.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Thanks Dan,. You're not wrong, getting one at a reasonable price is virtually impossible already. Even at the steep price they can be found at now they are getting a bit like hens teeth. I can only see the price going one way fast.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

You got it GN, I'm seeing the SB's going for around $200 on the bay for NIB's..
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Possibly my favourite knife right now: HAP40 Delica!
bchan

Post by bchan »

I looked around in Knifecenter and found that they said the item was discontinued. So Spyderco had stopped production of this item already?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

bchan wrote:I looked around in Knifecenter and found that they said the item was discontinued. So Spyderco had stopped production of this item already?

Yeah, that would mean that the run of 1200 has been produced and sent to market, and no longer open for order to dealers. Either have to find a dealer that still has them in stock, or start looking to the second hand market.

Or pick up a Stretch that was just released, or wait for the Dragonfly 2, Manbug, and Ladybug to get produced in the very near future.
Going back to Caly.
bchan

Post by bchan »

Thanks SpeedHoles for your reply. It is increasingly difficult for buyers not in the US to keep track of the sprint runs and buy them from the few dealers who managed to get sufficient quantities in stock.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

bchan wrote:Thanks SpeedHoles for your reply. It is increasingly difficult for buyers not in the US to keep track of the sprint runs and buy them from the few dealers who managed to get sufficient quantities in stock.

Yeah, no problem!

For the Delica in particular, it is difficult for nearly anyone trying to get their hands on one! Even those of us within the US. I'd imagine your challenges would be even greater, since you have to find a retailer who ships overseas.
They are very high demand, and of course, limited supply.

I am not sure where you are located, but the Endura, Stretch, and bugs may be much easier to source. You are a little over a month late to the party when it comes to searching for a Delica.
The Delica and Dragonfly 2 seem to have a much larger popularity, probably due to their size.
Going back to Caly.
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

bchan wrote:Thanks SpeedHoles for your reply. It is increasingly difficult for buyers not in the US to keep track of the sprint runs and buy them from the few dealers who managed to get sufficient quantities in stock.
Hope you can find a Delica. If not there is a Hap40 Endura still in stock at Oso. They did just raise the price though. It sat at 35% off till very recently. I have been resisting it, but it's been very hard.
http://s826.photobucket.com/component/D ... wh1y1w.png