52100 Military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farnorthdan

Re: 52100 Military

Post by farnorthdan »

Boomstick wrote:Wait, an S110V PM2?!? I must have been under a rock. And I'm trying to save money...ugh.
Umm..yea, that one dropped a few months back now, its a real gem too and whats this "save money" thing you speak of :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpeedHoles wrote:
sal wrote:I just picked up my "first article" sample this afternoon.

sal

So how does this article read? :p
Why, braille of course... :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

Are these out yet?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Bile Bob wrote:Are these out yet?

Several retailers may begin shipping them to customers on Monday 13th. Many of those customers have placed early preorders though, so it may be a bit difficult to find one just sitting on the shelf in stock.
Going back to Caly.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:

sal

More likely that'd be a representative sample of the first stable production batch, used as a single sample to verify that the output of production met the intent of the design by inspecting each of the documented dimensions against drawing standard ;)

http://standards.sae.org/as9102/

FAIRs and LAIRs make up a big portion of my working life ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

demoncase wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:

sal

More likely that'd be a representative sample of the first stable production batch, used as a single sample to verify that the output of production met the intent of the design by inspecting each of the documented dimensions against drawing standard ;)

Haha, yep, I actually work in QA right now, although I'm just a lackey...

But I was just originally asking as an inquiry into Sal's own thoughts on that first piece! ;)
Going back to Caly.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

SpeedHoles wrote:
demoncase wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:

sal

Haha, yep, I actually work in QA right now, although I'm just a lackey...

But I was just originally asking as an inquiry into Sal's own thoughts on that first piece! ;)
In a past life I also worked in quality control. Interesting how people with an eye for quality gravitate to Spyderco ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

I ordered my Millie 52100. There are still a few out there in stock by at least 2 different vendors.