SS Spyderco worker value?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
knifenut1994

SS Spyderco worker value?

Post by knifenut1994 »

So I was out and about today looking for knives and I didn't find much of anything that peaked my interest, aside from a Damascus stretch that was way out of my price range, and a very neat little spydie I had personally never seen, so I did some quick research and learned it was a Spyderco Worker, from what I know, it was one of Spyderco very first production knives, I could be mistaken but that is what I came up with in my research. But what I'm asking here is, what is an original SS Worker valued at? To a collector? The knife is in I'd say about 8/10 condition, shows signs of light carry use, and appears to have been sharpened at least once maybe more. Any information is very helpful, I'm new this and trying to learn.
endgame

Re: SS Spyderco worker value?

Post by endgame »

Used maybe 80$ you can get the new g10 sprint wich is better construction imop.get it and use it they like that .it was mass produced for years so there are many out there.if you can get it cheap grab it.old lockbacks develope blade play overtime so ask about that b4 you buy it.the new sprint run is the best one .I would get that and use it
Holland

Post by Holland »

Im no expert on the Worker, but there is a ton of different versions of it and the value will depend on different variables. I'll let someone else with more knowledge give you a value. One question will be how many clip screws does it have? another will be what steel?

Pics will help ;)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
knifenut1994

Post by knifenut1994 »

endgame wrote:Used maybe 80$ you can get the new g10 sprint wich is better construction imop.get it and use it they like that .it was mass produced for years so there are many out there.if you can get it cheap grab it.old lockbacks develope blade play overtime so ask about that b4 you buy it.the new sprint run is the best one .I would get that and use it
I paid $100 even, they were asking $125, I bought it on the spot after I learned how old it possibly is, its in pretty good shape for its age I think. I have looked at the G10 version and it does look like something I would like quite a bit.
knifenut1994

Post by knifenut1994 »

Holland wrote:Im no expert on the Worker, but there is a ton of different versions of it and the value will depend on different variables. I'll let someone else with more knowledge give you a value. One question will be how many clip screws does it have? another will be what steel?

Pics will help ;)
Has 3 clip screws, says us patent 4347685 and foreign pats pend on the clip, and it has G2 stainless, which I have already seen in my internet searching, that it is not the greatest steel by any means
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The sprint really is a looker, I really should carry it more :)

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

knifenut1994 wrote:
Holland wrote:Im no expert on the Worker, but there is a ton of different versions of it and the value will depend on different variables. I'll let someone else with more knowledge give you a value. One question will be how many clip screws does it have? another will be what steel?

Pics will help ;)
Has 3 clip screws, says us patent 4347685 and foreign pats pend on the clip, and it has G2 stainless, which I have already seen in my internet searching, that it is not the greatest steel by any means
Looks like it's possibly around from the mid 90's, spydiewiki is your friend :)

http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C01_Worker
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
knifenut1994

Post by knifenut1994 »

farnorthdan wrote:The sprint really is a looker, I really should carry it more :)

The sprint looks very nice, and I see a 4 way adjustable pocket clip, which I really like, where can you get a sprint at, do you have an idea?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I know I've seen some online vendors that still have them, I'd check the usual suspects.

looks like GPknives has them, good price too.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."