Recent Mule Steel Comparisons

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Skidoosh

Recent Mule Steel Comparisons

Post by Skidoosh »

My first mule was CTS-XHP, a steel I really have grown to love. Great edge, strops sharp, resists corrosion. I'm thinking through the other recent mules (s110V, K390, M4V, PSF27) and wondering about comparisons in practical experience. What do you like? What do you not? Most of my mule use has been butchering and general food prep.
average-Joe

Re: Recent Mule Steel Comparisons

Post by average-Joe »

Can't add much to your exact question and I am very amateur when it comes to "sharp" but the XHP Steel so far to me at least the best yet. With just basic sharpening I can get it much sharper then S30V. I know you didn't ask about S30v and are asking about Mules but maybe another newbie will take interest in that. My Hungarian uses XHP and by far is my sharpest. I hope to get more familiar with high end steels so I'll be reading your thread.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I have 2 s90v one is a user the other customized.the blade gets atom splitting sharp on my wicked edge with a mirror polished bevel.I battoned chopped treas down wittled cleaned fish cut plastic I abused it .even threw it into a tree a couple times.im can throw knives well.not one roll or chipp.held the edge like no other steal I ever used.if you can get a s90v get it.my first love is vg10 cause I can get it in many blades.but I truely love s90v just not enough knives with it.we need more.my pm2 in a s90v and the s110 and s90v arey faves pm2 I have the manix s90v and love that also just so rare I dont abuse cause I only have one of each .
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

I willing be lurking thread. I haven't been able to really hard use my 4V mule yet but I would like to hear how it stacks up against some of the others.
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

I would really like some comparisons between 4V and K390