What Took Me So Long? The Sage and This Forum

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Northglenn500

What Took Me So Long? The Sage and This Forum

Post by Northglenn500 »

I came home yesterday and found a Sage 1 in my mailbox. I don't know what it is about this knife, but I think it fits my hand better than anything I've ever owned. The carbon fiber handles look outstanding. Why did I wait so long to pick one of these up? Anyone else a big Sage fan?

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, so today I finally joined. Again, I don't know what tool me so long. From what I can tell, this forum is the exact opposite of every other forum on the net. Everyone seems so helpful and nice.
farnorthdan

Re: What Took Me So Long? The Sage and This Forum

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum Northglenn500, I know the feeling, there have been a few that after purchase have wondered why I waited so long, so many :spyder:'s are like this.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Welcome to the forum Northglenn500. Glad to have you here with us.

Good choice on the Sage. I have the Sage 2 in my pocket right now and love it. It has been my edc for awhile now and has done everything I have asked it to do. Very happy with it, and I hope you will be happy with yours as well.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Northglenn,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Editor Emeritus

Post by Editor Emeritus »

Welcome and agree. The sage line is an instant classic.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Welcome to the club. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Welcome.I love my Sage1.Great ergos, utilitarian blade shape, a splendid edc.You' ll find quite a few Sage1 lovers on this forum.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Sage 1 is a fantastic knife! If I had to choose just one Spyderco it would be on the short list.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
average-Joe

Post by average-Joe »

The only better thing then a sage in your mailbox is if you sent it too me
:)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome to the forum, Northglenn500. The Sage series are really quite something, aren't they? :) Just be careful, though. I've heard rumors that these Spyderco's are somewhat addictive... :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Welcome to the forum, you'll find we are enablers. :D You have one of my favorite Spydie's. I bought one of early Taiwan *not Taichung" models and liked it so much I bought the "Taichung" model as well. Hit my Sage 1 with the Edge Pro and sharp maker last night, now razor sharp. As much as I love the Sage 1, the Caly 3.5 has taken much of the pocket time. You've made a great choice in knives. Might as well throw your wallet away. :spyder:
goTomek

Post by goTomek »

Agree what was said, Sage is great. I don't have many knives, so I'm not an expert ;) but this one is one of the best I have
Spyders in the hole :spyder: Sage1, Centofante 3, Delica 4 FFG, Delica4 TiD, Delica4 PSBBK, Delica 4 FBORE, Rookie
Brock O Lee wrote: Life without coffee, chocolate, red wine and Spyderco would be fairly miserable!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the forum! If you like the sage 1, you should check out the chaparral 1 and native 5 :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

Northglenn500 wrote:I came home yesterday and found a Sage 1 in my mailbox. I don't know what it is about this knife, but I think it fits my hand better than anything I've ever owned. The carbon fiber handles look outstanding. Why did I wait so long to pick one of these up? Anyone else a big Sage fan?

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, so today I finally joined. Again, I don't know what tool me so long. From what I can tell, this forum is the exact opposite of every other forum on the net. Everyone seems so helpful and nice.
Welcome to the community. This forum IS the opposite of most any other forum out there. I'm on about 15 various forums from knives, firearms, outdoors and sportscards and this one is special. You won't get ridiculed for your thoughts or questions and people are genuinely nice. Enjoy!
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

endgame

Post by endgame »

sal wrote:Hi Northglenn,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Ya no this is why spyderco surpasses all companies.such a huge company and the owner founder takes time out of his day to welcome a member/customer.welcome northglenn and they broke the mold after they made you sal.sal for president.who is with me.the spyderco party.
Northglenn500

Post by Northglenn500 »

endgame wrote:
sal wrote:Hi Northglenn,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Ya no this is why spyderco surpasses all companies.such a huge company and the owner founder takes time out of his day to welcome a member/customer.welcome northglenn and they broke the mold after they made you sal.sal for president.who is with me.the spyderco party.
You're absolutely right. And its an honor to make your acquaintance Sal. Thank you everyone for the kind welcome.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Welcome to the forum Northglenn.

It was about 2 years ago that I handled a Sage 1 at large sporting goods store. I had been a Spydie fan for years but hadn't really seen any of their newer models because most stores don't carry Spydercos or they only carry the basic frn and stainless models. Getting that knife in my hand combined with joining this forum put me on an epic knife purchasing odyssey. Enjoy your stay and welcome to the addiction. :D
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

You're doomed, or rather your wallet is. Enjoy the obsession.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Loved my Sage-1, the big brother to my Chaparral.
goTomek

Post by goTomek »

:spyder:
:D
Spyders in the hole :spyder: Sage1, Centofante 3, Delica 4 FFG, Delica4 TiD, Delica4 PSBBK, Delica 4 FBORE, Rookie
Brock O Lee wrote: Life without coffee, chocolate, red wine and Spyderco would be fairly miserable!