PM2 - Too large to EDC?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mad german

Re: PM2 - Too large to EDC?

Post by mad german »

So......it arrived today! Wow, is all I can say. Why I waited so long to join the PM party is beyond me. I'm at the office now and have been looking at it non-stop since noon! It truly is a work of art, but in a solid functional sort of way.

I'm going to carry it for a few days to get a feel for it, and then, if anyone is interested, I'll post up my impressions of the knife as a PM newb.

Right now I have the knife set up for tip down carry. I typically carry in the right rear pocket of my jeans, with the spine of the blade resting on the outer seam of the pocket. I don't have a strong preference to tip up or tip down, I usually go with what feels right for that particular blade. I'm not going for ultra fast deployment or anything like that. I'm after comfort, haha.

Look for my thoughts and impressions of the mighty PM 2 in a little bit.

Cheers,
MG
My collection is ever changing!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

That's the best way to carry tip down if you ask me. I carry all my Militaries that way.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

mad german wrote:So......it arrived today! Wow, is all I can say. Why I waited so long to join the PM party is beyond me. I'm at the office now and have been looking at it non-stop since noon! It truly is a work of art, but in a solid functional sort of way.

I'm going to carry it for a few days to get a feel for it, and then, if anyone is interested, I'll post up my impressions of the knife as a PM newb.

Right now I have the knife set up for tip down carry. I typically carry in the right rear pocket of my jeans, with the spine of the blade resting on the outer seam of the pocket. I don't have a strong preference to tip up or tip down, I usually go with what feels right for that particular blade. I'm not going for ultra fast deployment or anything like that. I'm after comfort, haha.

Look for my thoughts and impressions of the mighty PM 2 in a little bit.

Cheers,
MG
Conga-rats MG, the PM2 truely is amazing, I carry TD also.. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Evil D wrote:That's the best way to carry tip down if you ask me. I carry all my Militaries that way.

Haha, I see what you did there.
Not much of a choice, other than taking on modification.

Mad German, if you're this impressed with the knife only after 1 day, just wait until you learn the different operation techniques to open and close it and it becomes instinctual. The knife has a way with your hand. Sometimes after carrying mine for extended periods of time and switching to a different knife, my mind stutters for a bit trying to operate it like the PM2. :D
Going back to Caly.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Evil D wrote:That's the best way to carry tip down if you ask me. I carry all my Militaries that way.

Haha, I see what you did there.
Not much of a choice, other than taking on modification.

Lol well not like I have a choice in clip orientation but carrying a Military in right back pocket is much better than right front pocket.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Yeah, I'm back pocket everytime with a Millie.
Going back to Caly.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Tag team? I throw in the streat beat
endgame

Post by endgame »

We didnt even start yet.lolyou cant carry milly tip up .theres a shot in the face.liner lock no way near better then compression.nother shot.millie blade bigger shot at pm2.looks like im winning
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

For me, the question of whether to carry a clipped folder tip up or tip down ends up being less about deployment and more about comfort in hand when cutting stuff. With all my 3"-4" bladed folders, having the clip set for tip up carry places the clip at the rear of my grip, under the curve of my ring and pinky fingers. This location while using the knife in saber grip is the most comfortable of the four possible clip placements.

It is a happy coincidence that this is also the placement needed for my waved knives.