CS Exclusive Orange Manix 2 LW..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
roger-roger

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Manix 2 LW..

Post by roger-roger »

TomAiello wrote:
roger-roger wrote:My S110V LW has in less than two weeks become my preferred edc, and am just about ready to pick up another M2 LW. I'm torn between the brown KC version, and this CS safety orange. It would've been a no brainer if the CS was S110V for the increased corrosion resistance. Argh!
Get both!

Which is what I just did...

Tempting but I've already increased my self-enforced quota. I like to view my knives as useful tools, and having too many in my mind aesthetically defeats that purpose.

The pics show what I consider the nicest orange I've seen in a knife scale. Here's hoping for more designs with that color.

Joris Mo wrote:...Right now the Stretch 2 is on it's way for competition as a nice LW backlocking EDC.
Will wait with getting a new LW Manix until there is one with backlock.
The Stretch 2 LW is high up on my list. Backlocks are my preferred design, and VG-10 is the Spyderco steel I have the most practical experience with. Sounds like a good plan on the LW Manix 2 backlock. :D
Sirens1

Post by Sirens1 »

twinboysdad wrote:So sell me on orange knives...I am not a "tactical Ted" but safety orange on a knife just makes my inner ninja unhappy.
On one hand, orange screams "look at me!"....and on the other, it kindly states "Hi there friend, I have nothing to hide.". I really just like the color; had to double up on this just in case I drop one into a giant container filled with construction cones!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I too have a self-imposed quota on new knives, but that ORANGE! :o :spyder:

Now I really need to move a bunch of my non-users on to new homes. :(
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JRinFL wrote:I too have a self-imposed quota on new knives, but that ORANGE! :o :spyder:

Lol the endless cycle
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
JRinFL wrote:I too have a self-imposed quota on new knives, but that ORANGE! :o :spyder:

Lol the endless cycle
Yep. I need to avoid forums and online shops...so very weak.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Has anyone got a shipping notification yet? I seen on instagram and Facebook that the shipment arrived and Jeff posted a video of it.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I received the shipping notice today.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Same here, got it a couple of hours ago.
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

I ordered mine late Wednesday and I got my shipping notice 2 hours ago. (2 pm Sat)

My tracking says it was picked up too, not just a label created.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I've been waiting for this one for a long time. It was leaked long ago that there was a LW M2 in the works but it was much more recently that the steel was stated. Thankfully it is a steel that I like so I ordered one.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Love orange knives, haven't gotten the chance to handle S90V yet, and after a couple bourbons last night I find this pic on CS's Facebook page.... How could I resist whipping the old credit card out immediately? :D
18209360_1397193873660676_3283387327013640595_o.jpg
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Man, wish I liked that lock because this is one nice looking knife. I have had 4 of these Manix's and have yet to get one that didn't tear my fingers up to open and close. Got rid of them all. Only saw one that didn't bother me and it was a Maxamet one in a knife store in Columbus OH. Should have bought it.

I think the price of this one is very very good. Tempted to try it and if the lock itears me up just sell it. Bet it would be easy to unload on forums.

Hmmm, decisions decisions
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Love the color but don't love the steel. I don't hate s90v or anything but it's not in my top 10 so I'm gonna pass on this beauty. I'll enjoy my Maxamet Manix for now.
xg220

Post by xg220 »

Flipping Addict wrote:Man, wish I liked that lock because this is one nice looking knife. I have had 4 of these Manix's and have yet to get one that didn't tear my fingers up to open and close. Got rid of them all. Only saw one that didn't bother me and it was a Maxamet one in a knife store in Columbus OH. Should have bought it.

I think the price of this one is very very good. Tempted to try it and if the lock itears me up just sell it. Bet it would be easy to unload on forums.

Hmmm, decisions decisions
Just stick it out, your fingers will toughen up and you won't have an issue after that. Mine stopped bugging me after a week and I never had an issue after that, I can even actuate the lock with just my thumb.
kvnlau7

Post by kvnlau7 »

I never got why people Disliked the balbearing lock i can so easilly open and close the knife with one hand.
Check out my IG: Kvnlau7
Also known as kvnlau7 on bladeforums
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

kvnlau7 wrote:I never got why people Disliked the balbearing lock i can so easilly open and close the knife with one hand.
I love the CBBL. :)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

kvnlau7 wrote:I never got why people Disliked the balbearing lock i can so easilly open and close the knife with one hand.
I have several M2s and I do like the lock. But if it wasn't for the clip providing something for my fingers to grip I'd have trouble closing it. In fact, I struggle to close them with my left hand because I can't use the clip. I can do it but it's not nearly as easy as for me as when I'm using my right hand.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Oh, I can do it easily, but as my name implies in a day of carry I might open and close my carry knife hundreds of times. It is not unheard of for me to open and close a knife 2500-3000x in a month of carry. And the tight spring in conjunction with the aggressive jimping on the plastic lock rub me raw in very short order.

I work in an office and don't have farmers hands. So, not doing physical labor all day doesn't help when having this 'sickness' either.

None of this is the knifes fault. I just need to find something else to be obsessed with than my pocket knife. Thus, why I have started carrying a Flyaway Toys fidget mini Falcon spinner. Has reduced my knife flipping by a good 75% I would say. Maybe soon I can try another Manix.
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

Mine just came in.

Love it.

Group shot.

Looks about the same color as the others.

(Replaced unusable Photobucket pic 7/10/17)
Last edited by aquaman67 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
I have several M2s and I do like the lock. But if it wasn't for the clip providing something for my fingers to grip I'd have trouble closing it. In fact, I struggle to close them with my left hand because I can't use the clip. I can do it but it's not nearly as easy as for me as when I'm using my right hand.
Different hands, different techniques...

I did a day of pruning and other yard/landscape work yesterday and the blurple S110V M2 was my chosen blade, one of the reasons was that I can easily release the CBBL, with or without gloves on and let the blade fall closed while holding brush or a second tool in my off hand.

On the subject of flipping, I'm not averse to flippers or knives that flick open easily, but ease of opening comes in many forms and IMO, "flipping" misses out on the amazing utility of the Spyderco hole, which makes one handed opening, easy and keeps the process completely controlled... at least for the majority of us who have thumbs.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...