New Member Introduction

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
El Gato

New Member Introduction

Post by El Gato »

Being a guest on this Forum for quite some time I thought perhaps the occasion of Halloween would be a good time to stop being a ghost here and become a member. I have been a Spyderco fan and user for many years and I sincerely appreciate Sal and the Spyderco Crew for all they do. I admit to being a steel junky and the C36 Military is my knife of choice. I do not consider myself a Collector, but with 9 various C36 Millies on hand I have a few User back-ups. As you all know, one cannot have too many........

I am looking forward to joining all you good folks here on the Forum. :)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, Mr. Cat, welcome to the forum.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
swigert

Post by swigert »

Welcome friend! Glad to have you "officially" with us!

Post some pics of that Millie collection! O wait you don't collect.....ummmm.....just post the pics!!
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of those Millie's!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Welcome! You gotta love the Military. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hello El Gato,

Welcome aboard. :D Having nine Millies certainly qualifies you as a Spydie-addict. ;) Glad to have you here!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
timlara

Post by timlara »

Welcome, and great handle! :D

The Millie is a true classic, so you obviously have great taste.
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Thank you all so very much. You do truly make me feel welcome here.
I am going to need some help on posting pictures so any advice will be appreciated. I am "technologically challenged" when it comes to anything computer related so the pictures will be a new experience.
Thanks in advance.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome aboard El Gato, I use photobucket to host pics, they have an app for smart phone which works great (sometimes) then just copy the link at PB and paste into your message, easy peasy.....
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Thanks Dan, I'll give it a try. I'm glad it's "easy" 'cause with me it's gonna have to be! I appreciate the help. :)
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Welcome!

If you want to post a lot of pictures (which you probably will eventually), I would recommend FreeImageHosting.com because they let you have unlimited uploads. When you upload a picture to their site, copy the link into your post. Then, you have to cut out everything before the http and everything after the .jpg. Finally, select the link and click on the picture icon in the advanced post form (it says "Insert image" if you scroll over it).

If you don't want to post a ton of pictures or don't want to deal with the tags, Photobucket, Imgur, and others are good choices.
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Thanks. I need all the help I can get. :)
I am trying to get a picture from Photo Bucket now, but can't quite figure out how to get it from there to here. :rolleyes:
At least I got a picture uploaded to Photo Bucket.........which is a pretty good start for me!! :D
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Welcome to the forum!

On Photobucket, click on the info button and you'll see a number of image link options for your uploaded photo. Click on the "direct" one and it will copy the address, and then paste that link in between "img" and then "/img" both in brackets in the text of your comment here. Hope that helps.

Clicking on the picture icon in the Full Editor will also insert that img function for you, just paste your direct image link in between. :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

I think I lucked into it!! Now if I can only remember how I did that......... :eek:

Okay, this is my "squad" of Millies. As you can see, from top clockwise, Fluted Titanium, Blue G-10 S90V from BBS, Plain Titanium (my edc), Black G-10, Plain Titanium (edc backup), Gray G-10 CruWear from BBS, Digital Camo G-10, Gray G-10 CruWear from BBS (love CruWear). Not as nice a picture as many of you are capable of producing, but there they are, my 8 best friends. ;)

I am looking forward to trying a CPM S110V Millie when they become available.

Thanks for enjoying the photo and thanks especially for the help in getting it here!! :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Looks good Gato, in photobucket click on the picture you want, it should open that pic then there is a box to the right with selection of links, click the bottom link and it should automatically copy it, then go to forum reply box, click in box then right click and paste.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Thanks Dan. I "think" that's about what I did, but it was total luck !!
I am going to write down all of this good information and save it for future use. I am sure it gets easier the more one works with it.

But I think I have just about "learned" enough for one day !! :D

Thanks so much for all the help. :) :)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Welcome Cat! Nice millies
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
BTG

Post by BTG »

El Gato wrote:Image

I think I lucked into it!! Now if I can only remember how I did that......... :eek:

Okay, this is my "squad" of Millies. As you can see, from top clockwise, Fluted Titanium, Blue G-10 S90V from BBS, Plain Titanium (my edc), Black G-10, Plain Titanium (edc backup), Gray G-10 CruWear from BBS, Digital Camo G-10, Gray G-10 CruWear from BBS (love CruWear). Not as nice a picture as many of you are capable of producing, but there they are, my 8 best friends. ;)

I am looking forward to trying a CPM S110V Millie when they become available.

Thanks for enjoying the photo and thanks especially for the help in getting it here!! :)

Love your Millies....I only have 1 cruwear, and one Titanium.......if I had 2 of both I'd definitely have to do a blade swap....I've been drooling over radioactive spydies Ti-cruwear Millie for a while..might break down and do it anyway...glad to have you "officially" on board, very nice non-collection.
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it's good to be here at last. :)

The Millies just fit my outdoor lifestyle and it's fun to experience the different blade steels in the same knife vehicle.
But no matter which model one chooses you can't go wrong with a Spydie. :spyder:
paladin

Post by paladin »

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay... :) :spyder: :)

Military is a Spyderco icon and hands down a great choice as a frontline user...so it's evident you've got great judgment! :cool:

Looks like you have your large-ish folder slot filled...what are you thinking will be your next acquisition? :confused: