Spyderco Shaman News and Gossip Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Re: Spyderco Shaman News and Gossip Thread

Post by bh49 »

You never know, if sales will be sufficient possibly Spyderco will go FRN road with Shaman. But I will enjoy contoured G10 and hope to see a few sprints.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Kniferbro

Post by Kniferbro »

I am chomping at the bit for this blade!!!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bh49 wrote:You never know, if sales will be sufficient possibly Spyderco will go FRN road with Shaman. But I will enjoy contoured G10 and hope to see a few sprints.
I hope you'll buy several, to help encourage them to bring on the sprints and FRN. It's not too early to start laying by Christmas presents. :spyder: :p :spyder:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

DougC-3 wrote:
bh49 wrote:You never know, if sales will be sufficient possibly Spyderco will go FRN road with Shaman. But I will enjoy contoured G10 and hope to see a few sprints.
I hope you'll buy several, to help encourage them to bring on the sprints and FRN. It's not too early to start laying by Christmas presents. :spyder: :p :spyder:
Sorry, I will buy just one. Budget is quite tight. I need to leave some cash for Caly, Rhino, CF Fluted Native and possibly ATR :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bh49 wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:
Sorry, I will buy just one. Budget is quite tight. I need to leave some cash for Caly, Rhino, CF Fluted Native and possibly ATR :)
Regrettably my budget is even tighter I'm sure, but so far somehow I manage to finagle around and keep on buying spydies :o I feel sure I will manage to get one and hopefully eventually a sprint or exclusive.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
glutofknives

Post by glutofknives »

I handled the shaman this year at blade an oh boy am I excited. I have a feeling this one will be as popular as the para 2. I've decided to pick up a SE when these drop, and hold out for a plain edge sprint version (theres gonna have to be sprints of this).
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It is already August. Almost September :eek:
Any updates? Rumors? Gossips about Shaman?
This is not like I need it today. Tomorrow will be fine :) :D

Tdog

Post by Tdog »

DougC-3 wrote:
Hey Santa, I'll pm you my address. :D :D
sal

Post by sal »

I'm carrying a production piece so it shouldn't be too long....QC next.

sal
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Nice!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

sal wrote:I'm carrying a production piece so it shouldn't be too long....QC next.

sal
production piece? Nice. Thank you for update Sir.
How does it cut? :p

StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

sal wrote:I'm carrying a production piece so it shouldn't be too long....QC next.

sal
You know, if you ever need a volunteer for QC, I'm sure I could find plenty of stuff to cut.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Not sure why, but all the years I've been dreaming about this knife, I always pictured it coming with tan/sand/coyote brown (or whatever that type of colour is called) G10 scales. One of those "natural" colours. Again, I have no idea why I thought this, especially since most other G10 models typically start with black. Maybe we'll get a sprint one day? Although, I'll be fine with black G10 once these drop. I always am.

Also, (broken record here...) bring on the Native Chief!!!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

KingRat wrote:Not sure why, but all the years I've been dreaming about this knife, I always pictured it coming with tan/sand/coyote brown (or whatever that type of colour is called) G10 scales. One of those "natural" colours. Again, I have no idea why I thought this, especially since most other G10 models typically start with black. Maybe we'll get a sprint one day? Although, I'll be fine with black G10 once these drop. I always am.

It keeps coming to mind for me as dark blue for some reason... maybe a blurple one is already being planned. Dark gray with Maxamet would be interesting too. I would also like a dark brown or green with a different steel. (No matter how much trouble they go to, to design and manufacture stuff for us, we always want more and different stuff :D )
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

DougC-3 wrote:
KingRat wrote:Not sure why, but all the years I've been dreaming about this knife, I always pictured it coming with tan/sand/coyote brown (or whatever that type of colour is called) G10 scales. One of those "natural" colours. Again, I have no idea why I thought this, especially since most other G10 models typically start with black. Maybe we'll get a sprint one day? Although, I'll be fine with black G10 once these drop. I always am.

It keeps coming to mind for me as dark blue for some reason... maybe a blurple one is already being planned. Dark gray with Maxamet would be interesting too. I would also like a dark brown or green with a different steel. (No matter how much trouble they go to, to design and manufacture stuff for us, we always want more and different stuff :D )
I dream of it being made with giant slabs of carbon fiber just like the prototype I got to hold. It would make for a great sprint!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:

I dream of it being made with giant slabs of carbon fiber just like the prototype I got to hold. It would make for a great sprint!

I would really go for one like that with S90V, like my favorite CF Manix, but I'd gladly take Cruwear or S110V. The CF would lower the weight a bit.
sal

Post by sal »

The design has been in development for years. In the end, I decided to use non textured 3D G-10 with S30V. "Grip" is in the form. This is a basic to watch the model. Plenty of opportunity for sprints and exclusives. I'd like a version like the new Native fluted Carbon with S90V. I like the way it cuts. Wide flat grind. But made to be a fairly heavy duty folder. Simple, but stout.

Eric and I are considering the Native Chief as well. development is mostly done, should be easy to slide into queue.

sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

sal wrote:..... I'd like a version like the new Native fluted Carbon with S90V. I like the way it cuts. Wide flat grind. But made to be a fairly heavy duty folder. Simple, but stout.....

sal
:D Cutting edge materials, made to be used. I like the way you think Sal.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

sal wrote:The design has been in development for years. In the end, I decided to use non textured 3D G-10 with S30V. "Grip" is in the form. This is a basic to watch the model. Plenty of opportunity for sprints and exclusives. I'd like a version like the new Native fluted Carbon with S90V. I like the way it cuts. Wide flat grind. But made to be a fairly heavy duty folder. Simple, but stout.
sal
this sound terrific.

glutofknives

Post by glutofknives »

Oh yes! A native chief sounds excellent.