Spyderco Shaman News and Gossip Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Spyderco Shaman News and Gossip Thread

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I believe that is the increase in MSRP plus being compared to DLC plus with the increase in MAP. The Satin model went up $30 street prices. Comparing the DLC version to the previous price of the satin model is disingenuous.

The Satin Shaman before MAP was $149.97
The Satin Shaman after MAP and an increase in MSRP is $181.97
The DLC Shaman after MAP and an increase in MSRP is $194.97
I do not believe that the DLC Shaman was available before the MAP/MSRP increases.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I believe that is the increase in MSRP plus being compared to DLC plus with the increase in MAP. The Satin model went up $30 street prices. Comparing the DLC version to the previous price of the satin model is disingenuous.

The Satin Shaman before MAP was $149.97
The Satin Shaman after MAP and an increase in MSRP is $181.97
The DLC Shaman after MAP and an increase in MSRP is $194.97
I do not believe that the DLC Shaman was available before the MAP/MSRP increases.
Have you seen any satin shamans with raised price yet? I still see them for $149
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

I just took that price from Knifecenter. They show an MSRP of $279. BHQ and some others are still showing $249. I suspect that $279 will be the new MSRP. They are showing an MSRP of $299 for the DLC.

I think that if folks want this one that they should be buying them up now. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

On kc when you search shaman it shows 149 but when you click on it it shows 181 lol
Spydergirl88
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Strider wrote:New to the forum and 2017 is my first year purchasing spydercos. Therefore, I am not familiar with pricing from year-to-year. I was planning/hoping to wait for a sprint run to pick up a Shaman. However, if I am correct, the 2018 models are being sold for $50 more than 2017. Was there something changed with the 2018 models or just a price increase for 2018? If they are already $50 more, I think I will be out for the sprint runs due to cost.
I am not sure where info on $50 come from.
MAP went up from 60% to 65% of MSRP. This is it. So Shaman instead of $150 street price will be something like $162.50.
Still much less than Strider :)
Last edited by bh49 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Price increase + DLC = $50 more.
Justin
bh49

Post by bh49 »

DLC is always more. For any model.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Strider

Post by Strider »

Upon further investigation, price went from 149 to 181. 5% from MAP plus MSRP increased to 280 from 250.
The price was listed as 149 but when added to cart it showed up as the 181.
Strider

Post by Strider »

Follow up: I was able to get it for 150 elsewhere. Wanted to wait for a good Sprint run, but I have to assume now they will be more than I am currently willing to pay.
Bloody Fingerz

Post by Bloody Fingerz »

I’m still getting the blacked out one when released... It just looks so good in black!
The federal government has taken too much money from the people, too much authority from the states, and too much liberty from the Constitution.

Ronald Reagan
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Guys can we keep the price hike drama contained to the price hike drama thread?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Evil D wrote:Guys can we keep the price hike drama contained to the price hike drama thread?
Amen.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
bearfacedkiller

Price increase or not I am still eager to see the Cruwear Shaman sprint. ;) :D That will be a winner!
-Darby
linuxology

Post by linuxology »

Evil D wrote:Guys can we keep the price hike drama contained to the price hike drama thread?
Think it's relevent due to the 18% price hike on this blade and the upcoming sprint(s) in the line up. This price increase as stated will take others out for the sprints where they may have signed up initially. Not drama just facts. Not sure why it has to be drama for people talking data. Why is it an emotional topic? It's a fairly significant price hike and something that is very relevant to this model.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

linuxology wrote:
Think it's relevent due to the 18% price hike on this blade and the upcoming sprint(s) in the line up. This price increase as stated will take others out for the sprints where they may have signed up initially. Not drama just facts. Not sure why it has to be drama for people talking data. Why is it an emotional topic? It's a fairly significant price hike and something that is very relevant to this model.
There's already a 20+ page thread about it, it doesn't need brought up in every thread.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

linuxology wrote:
The drama, you ask? Let's see, you're impugning the motives of Sal whose forum this is. You don't see drama in that?
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

I see it as honest feedback, not drama?
linuxology

Post by linuxology »

wrdwrght wrote:
linuxology wrote:
The drama, you ask? Let's see, you're impugning the motives of Sal whose forum this is. You don't see drama in that?

I never questioned the motives of Sal. Facts are the price increase on the Shaman is 18% from 2017 to 2018. I'm sure Spyderco did the analysis for the price hike on this model. No worries here and I can talk without being emotional about it because it's just data to me. There is data that is tied to this model in 2018. Only the data has been spoken to and is indeed a news thread. I'm out.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

some sprint/exclusives I would love to see for the Shaman:
cf and s90v
orange g10 and dlc s90v
grey g10 and cruwear
yellow g10 and lc200n
Spydergirl88
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sign me up for CF/S90V or Grey G10/Cruwear!!

I’m kind of sad I returned my Shaman now, but I’d much more prefer a souped up version!
Josh