Top three keychain knives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

Top three keychain knives

Post by endgame »

Mine are on my enormous keychain.lol ladybug salt hawkbill serrated.ladybug 2 rescue my all time favorite spyderco,mini ti police.
The Deacon

Re: Top three keychain knives

Post by The Deacon »

I'm something of a one trick pony when it comes to keychain knives. I've had the same burgundy micarta Jester on my key ring for 12 years now and I have a couple more "pre-need replacements" stashed away in case I ever lose it. Only thing I'd even consider replacing it with would be a PE stag Spyderkey, if such a thing exists and I could ever find one.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I'd go with:

Ladybug H1 Hawkbill (The Baby Harpy!)
Roadie
And in with a bullet at Number 1- Clipitool with the bottle opener/pry bar combo.....I even removed the pocket clip it's that handy when hung on my keys
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
BTG

Post by BTG »

1) LBHB
2) G10 Manbug
3) SB Manbug
A SB blade swap with the G10 would be ideal, but I'd have to get another of each before I'd do that, and too many others I want first.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I dunno about top three since I've only ever carried a single spydie attached to my keys but I highly recommend the ladybug. I've got a super blue ladybug which works great for my needs. I've been tempted to get a roadie, but I think the ladybugs ability to be open one handed is really handy and I don't think I could go without it.

Now, if an FRN jester were to ever see the light of day I'd have no choice but to get one and put it to good use. I sold my g10 sprint (life is filled with regrets) so I'd be happy to get another someday.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I carry my keys on a Keygrip so no knife but I do carry a SB manbug daily, usually in shirt pocket.

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Personally, my most carried keychain knife is the Plain edge ladybug hawkbill! So that easily gets my number one spot. Next for me would definitely be the Dogtag. For it's wow factor when people see it, just as much as its tiny s30v blade! And I don't own one, but I can't help but think the "bug", the smallest of the spyderco bug series, would be a great keychain knife simply for its size/weight. I'd love to try out a roadie too. I'm a big fan of smaller knives :D no pun intended haha, I just like being able to carry a knife without having to second guess if its legal to carry in the city. (Boston jurisdiction = 2.5")

So for me i guess Id go with:
1. PE LBHB
2. DogTag
3. Bug
-Nick :bug-red
endgame

Post by endgame »

farnorthdan wrote:I carry my keys on a Keygrip so no knife but I do carry a SB manbug daily, usually in shirt pocket.

Were did you get that I love it gotta get me one
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

1) Another vote for the LadyBug Hawkbill.
2) Ladybug ZDP-189

That's pretty much all I ever carry on my keychain.
harronek

Post by harronek »

Cheap as Chips Grasshopper , does everything I want in a Key ring knife .

Ken
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

endgame wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:I carry my keys on a Keygrip so no knife but I do carry a SB manbug daily, usually in shirt pocket.

Were did you get that I love it gotta get me one

Raven workshop, they have some super cool stuff, their lanyard beads and Ti biners are real nice too.

http://www.ravenworkshop.com/store/c2/KeyGrip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
endgame

Post by endgame »

Ordered the titanium one thanx
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

1. LadyBug H1
  2. ManBug H1
  3. Squarehead
  4. DogTag
First two for sweaty/salty times and the last two in slacks. Last two would get rust spots otherwise.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

I carry the honeybee daily attached to my Ti3 flashlight. Works perfect for most of my needs and is very friendly-looking so I dont mind using it wherever. Usually I am carrying a larger EDC as well though.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Jester.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
BTG

Post by BTG »

Raven workshop, they have some super cool stuff, their lanyard beads and Ti biners are real nice too.

http://www.ravenworkshop.com/store/c2/KeyGrip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

I really like that too....little pricey at the moment, I'll have to sneak that in down the line...wife doesn't know about the CS Para2 yet, or blue Tenacious I HAD to order...or the Pink N5 preorder that I just got the shipping Email for...Yikes...I might have some splain'n to do..
SG89

Post by SG89 »

RamZar wrote:
  1. LadyBug H1
  2. ManBug H1
  3. Squarehead
  4. DogTag
First two for sweaty/salty times and the last two in slacks. Last two would get rust spots otherwise.
Manbug in H1? :confused:
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Oops
Last edited by SG89 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

For me, usually a Victorinox of some sort and a Ladybug too.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Leatherman ps4, victorinox minichamp, ladybug