Hap 40 Delica thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
timlara

Re: Hap 40 Delica thread

Post by timlara »

Yeah, I think "preorders" on Spyderco sprints should probably be called something else, as they aren't really a preorder in my opinion since stock is so limited and actual allocation per dealer seems to be pretty much unknown. The total quantity made is published, but I think even on that, there's bound to be some wiggle room for quality control issues, warranty, etc. I could be wrong, but I think part of the problem is there's too much "maybe" involved with the actual inventory numbers, so it's not as easy as just making a shopping cart counter with a set limit, unless the dealer was not putting the "preorder" up until they actually had the physical stock on hand, which would then make them the last dealer to put the order page up, which would then make it not a "preorder". :)

Preorders on regular production models make more sense because in that case, they're more of a "first in line" type of ticket and even if they take too many, you know that eventually stock will be replenished and they can be filled in the order received.

Anyway, +1 for KW as a dealer. They are my favorite for regular, in-stock stuff and I think they offer the best exclusive models.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Hmm, Oso Grande hasn't sent me a "sorry you missed it" message, but they haven't sent me a shipping confirmation either...

I sent an email to try to get a firm answer, but no response yet (not surprising since they are west coast and it's still early there).

This whole sprint run thing is pretty "interesting" :P

I feel for the retailers, if they have no firm allotment for their first shipment then they're in the hard position of wanting to get peoples business (hence the offer of a pre-order), but not being certain what they will receive makes it a balancing act... overbook and make some customers angry, or turn people away at a certain number of pre-orders and risk losing business on opening day.

In a perfect world sellers would know how many units they will receive in their first shipment so that they can set their pre-order to only book for the items they know that they'll receive. Too bad that isn't the norm.
Last edited by awa54 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I can grab 2 and send them to you from my b&m! PM me
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Got my shipped notice today from BHQ
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
spyder_happy

Post by spyder_happy »

Osogrande had my order pending, but I opted to get an Endura in the mean time. I think I will get the dfly over the delica now, and buy a zdp 189 delica instead.
Last edited by spyder_happy on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The list goes on...
DF2: salt se, hap 40, vg-10
Delica 4: ffg vg-10, saber CE VG-10
Endura 4: Hap 40, Super Blue, VG-10
Native 5: S35vn/g10, S110v
Manix Lwt: XHP
Pac salt, Tasman, PM2 S30v, Domino XHP,
Stretch frn ZDP-189
awa54

Post by awa54 »

yup, Oso Grande's inventory control failed, I got a message that my order was on hold awaiting stock :(

Grabbed one of two left at River's edge, paid ten bucks more, but there's no way I'm missing this knife!

From what I saw of the Super Blue sprints, the Delica and Dragonfly are the ones that went fastest, so I can probably count on getting a HAP40 Manbug well after release.
-David

TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

Got my shipping notice from BHQ as well.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Guys, Top Quality just got some in.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

camvdcs wrote:Guys, Top Quality just got some in.
well dang, they didn't have 'em posted 3 hours ago!

...and all gone again!
-David

gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Are these gone already??? Or is another batch supposed to be coming soon? I don't want to miss out on this Delica.
:bug-red-white
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

More should trickle in. Stay alert soldier!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

They usually come in waves so I would guess that there will be more coming. I want to buy another but I spent too much at the seconds sale. I have only seen one hit EBay and it was a cc knife so there should be more on the way. There are usually a bunch on the bay so we are probably still early in the release.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Couple of fresh guys

Kind of funny; the Endura took a few months to receive, the Delica only a few days! :D
Going back to Caly.
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

Looks sweet. The Delica is a sexy knife.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Man that sure was fast speed, I am still waiting on mine...lol
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I had convinced myself that I was just going to stick with my Endura and skip the Delica, but that's a very nice looking pair. I guess I'll have to start avoiding this thread so I'll maybe have a little more money for an exclusive or two next year :eek:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
ktsthiep

Post by ktsthiep »

In stock!!!
http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/spydercoc1 ... ntrun.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheSpur22

Post by TheSpur22 »

camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

ktsthiep wrote:In stock!!!
http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/spydercoc1 ... ntrun.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gone.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

awa54 wrote:yup, Oso Grande's inventory control failed, I got a message that my order was on hold awaiting stock :(

Grabbed one of two left at River's edge, paid ten bucks more, but there's no way I'm missing this knife!

From what I saw of the Super Blue sprints, the Delica and Dragonfly are the ones that went fastest, so I can probably count on getting a HAP40 Manbug well after release.
Yeah, OSO's inventory control failed me too. I thought I got in under the wire but got an email yesterday with the bad news. I decided to cancel my order.