Bradley folder 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpeedHoles

Re: Bradley folder 2

Post by SpeedHoles »

timlara wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote: I think too many people were questioning "hard-use" if they made a mistake and slipped the shallow choil and put a finger onto the blade.
Never an issue I was concerned with, but I saw many people bring it up over time.
Honestly, I'd never hard use my original GB anyway since it's too expensive and too pretty for that in my opinion...so I'm not so much worried about the safety (or lack thereof) of the old choil but more about whether the grip is still comfortable for me on the new GB 2. My main beef with knives that don't have a choil is when they also don't have enough room for a comfortable 4 finger grip, but it doesn't look like the GB 2 will have that issue, so I'm very interested to try it out.

I do like the lines of the new one better, but ergos always come first on the Spydies I end up carrying, so we shall see.

I don't think "too pretty", and "too expensive" for hard use, were listed criteria or target features in Mr. Bradleys design process for this knife. :p :D
Going back to Caly.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Patiently waiting for my pre order for 2 at KW to be fulfilled :)

This is easily my most anticipated knife purchase of the year!
timlara

Post by timlara »

SpeedHoles wrote: I don't think "too pretty", and "too expensive" for hard use, were listed criteria or target features in Mr. Bradleys design process for this knife. :p :D
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, my opinion man! My GB has an easy life. :D
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

2 coming from top quality knives :)
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

timlara wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote: I don't think "too pretty", and "too expensive" for hard use, were listed criteria or target features in Mr. Bradleys design process for this knife. :p :D
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, my opinion man! My GB has an easy life. :D

Haha, yeah, just messing with ya! :D

Popsickle, please keep us updated on your thoughts once you get them!
Going back to Caly.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

SpeedHoles wrote:
timlara wrote:

Haha, yeah, just messing with ya! :D

Popsickle, please keep us updated on your thoughts once you get them!

I absolutely will! I've been looking forward to this knife for quite some time!!!
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Got my shipping verification from KW, going to be a nice Christmas!
palonej

Post by palonej »

Saw one for sale on the BF Exchange yesterday.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Still no shipping notification from KW over here, and I preordered quite a while back
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

out for delivery :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

My order status update from KC shows it's now in stock (tho it still doesn't reflect that on their main page) and my order is in the queue. Should be shipping soon I hope.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

NGK.. 8 in stock... John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

abbazaba wrote:Still no shipping notification from KW over here, and I preordered quite a while back
Got my KW shipping notification but delivery will take 8 days by UPS. :eek:
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Thanks TazKristi!!

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Cameron wrote:Thanks TazKristi!!

Sexy! It certainly looks great, but does it feel as great as the original?
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Definately GB2 has a smaller hole... visible smaller than that one on Sage1
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Beautiful. Love it! :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

How about a pic with the blade closed to see how much of the hole is accessed.. Thanks.. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

The knife is my new favourite. I have been carrying a Spyderco in some form everyday for at least the last 15 years and typically have a Sprint Run Manix 2 or Para 2 in my pocket. The quality of materials and construction is second to none in the knife world. I have never seen production folders that were "made" better than a Taichung Spyderco.

The knife feels perfect in my hand and I did not like the feel of the GB1 and never bought it because of that. I have an M4 Manix2 and CPM M4 is also a favourite of mine, I'm looking forward to this blade with a nice patina.

Feels perfect, I love the Gayle Bradley design and the ergonomics are excellent, coupled with Carbon Fiber scales and 3.5" CPM M4 blade it's a winner.

Cameron
Last edited by Cameron on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nice, cant wait to get home, mines waiting all lonely like in the mailbox, really looking forward to doing a side-by-side with the GB1.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."