Bradley folder 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mako109

Re: Bradley folder 2

Post by Mako109 »

...and mine has shipped!

Cameron your photos have upped my anticipation!
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I'm really excited for my incoming knife, but I think it would have been neat if they had done some light milling into the CF scales to give it a pattern. I hope, in the future, they'll consider doing something like that (it also adds a bit of grip).
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Picture sucks but here is the 2 & 1 together, I'll try for better pics later.

Something I just noticed was no lanyard hole...

edit: also the lock seems a lot easier to disengage than the 1
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Really loving the pics Cameron and FND! Anticipation at fever pitch now! :eek: :D

NGK had 9 available initially BTW, one was already bought before they opened their shipment ;). Maybe Thursday (for an AWESOME Xmas) or Saturday at the latest (fingers crossed!).

Looks like 2016 is the year of M4!!! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Cameron wrote:Image

The knife is my new favourite. I have been carrying a Spyderco in some form everyday for at least the last 15 years and typically have a Sprint Run Manix 2 or Para 2 in my pocket. The quality of materials and construction is second to none in the knife world. I have never seen production folders that were "made" better than a Taichung Spyderco.

The knife feels perfect in my hand and I did not like the feel of the GB1 and never bought it because of that. I have an M4 Manix2 and CPM M4 is also a favourite of mine, I'm looking forward to this blade with a nice patina.

Feels perfect, I love the Gayle Bradley design and the ergonomics are excellent, coupled with Carbon Fiber scales and 3.5" CPM M4 blade it's a winner.

Cameron

I see you post a lot of my favorite PM2's, M2's, and Millies... so I know you must enjoy the use of a choil. Do you not miss it in use?
Have you unconciously slid your finger onto the GB2 blade just from muscle memory? I have done that on a few knives after regularly carrying a knife with a choil for extended periods of time, but fortunately I am always aware just enough to not cut myself.

And now that you mention it, tap, I hope that SpyderHole isn't reduced in diameter too much!
That's my biggest gripe with the Lil Matriarch, is they made the hole smaller than the Delica!?
Going back to Caly.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Dan, your and Speedholes' pictures are causing me a great deal of envious distress. And so close to Christmas too. :D Nicely done, guys. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:Dan, your and Speedholes' pictures are causing me a great deal of envious distress. And so close to Christmas too. :D Nicely done, guys. :)
Thanks Michael, have you ordered the GB2? I'm still trying to decide which one I like better, the 2 is nice but the lack of a choil may take some getting use to and the lack of a lanyard hole. I will say though that the lock disengages way easier than the GB1. I'm actually more excited about scoring the PM2-M390, its a perfect example, really having eyes for the PM2's and millies lately :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Dan, your and Speedholes' pictures are causing me a great deal of envious distress. And so close to Christmas too. :D Nicely done, guys. :)
Thanks Michael, have you ordered the GB2? I'm still trying to decide which one I like better, the 2 is nice but the lack of a choil may take some getting use to and the lack of a lanyard hole. I will say though that the lock disengages way easier than the GB1. I'm actually more excited about scoring the PM2-M390, its a perfect example, really having eyes for the PM2's and millies lately :D
Not yet... But man, I've wanted to get a GB2 ever since I heard it would be coming. I've been placed on a strict "no-buy-zone" per my wife starting after Thanksgiving in effort not to spoil Christmas surprises. :o :( This greatly hinders my ability to get new knives this time of year, lol. Oh well. She usually spoils me with a few new Spydies, so I will have to be patient for December 25th. :D Congrats on the PM2 M390! Those are fairly tough to find at decent prices these days. Maybe post a few pics of it when you can?

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
ktsthiep

Post by ktsthiep »

I love it :(
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Not my photos, but I do wish! :p
I quoted photos from Cameron. ;)

I can't judge until I get one, but I'm thinking I like the blade (and Spyderhole) better on the GB1.
Going back to Caly.
swigert

Post by swigert »

I got mine ordered today from CS. If I'm lucky it'll be here Thursday but my guess is a Saturday delivery.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Mine should be here tomorrow! Usually when it hits a certain city in south carolina the day before it means it will be here the next day! Tracking has it for a saturday delivery... heres hoping for before christmas!!!!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Hope yours lands tomorrow popsickle, I'm very interested in hearing others opinions on this one, I'm still trying to decide if I like it better than the GB1, I guess it will help to carry it for a while first.. :)

Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

swigert wrote:I got mine ordered today from CS. If I'm lucky it'll be here Thursday but my guess is a Saturday delivery.
I just ordered one from CS as well. Best price I've seen for one (as is usual of CS). Been wanting to try M4, can't wait to get it!
swigert

Post by swigert »

Cameron wrote:Image

More great pics. Thanks. This will take up a lot of pocket time.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

SpeedHoles wrote:

Not my photos, but I do wish! :p
I quoted photos from Cameron. ;)

I can't judge until I get one, but I'm thinking I like the blade (and Spyderhole) better on the GB1.
Ah, my bad. :o I guess my Spyder-envy got the best of me. :p

Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

Ugh, this thread is killing me you guys. I just had to cancel my pre order at kw and buy one from oso. They've had em in stock for a couple days now.

I'm new at all this, so lesson learned. No more pre ordering for me. There are to many other sites to buy from.

I've already talked to Sketchen and I'm getting African Blackwood handles for mine :)
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Shockwave wrote:Ugh, this thread is killing me you guys. I just had to cancel my pre order at kw and buy one from oso. They've had em in stock for a couple days now.

I'm new at all this, so lesson learned. No more pre ordering for me. There are to many other sites to buy from.

I've already talked to Sketchen and I'm getting African Blackwood handles for mine :)
Pre-orders are worth it when you find a good price from a favorite vendor, an extra week - month of wait really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things (to me).

Can't wait to see your scales, I might have someone turn these into some sort of bolster look if I like the ergos. The blade shape looks great.
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

Cujobob wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Ugh, this thread is killing me you guys. I just had to cancel my pre order at kw and buy one from oso. They've had em in stock for a couple days now.

Pre-orders are worth it when you find a good price from a favorite vendor, an extra week - month of wait really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things (to me).

Can't wait to see your scales, I might have someone turn these into some sort of bolster look if I like the ergos. The blade shape looks great.
Yea I agree. I admit I was impatient on this one. Kw has been my go to site. They are located close to me and I get my knives fast. I like their site and exclusives so I hated to cancel. I did pay $15 more to.

I guess a pre order would be nice say at a site like kc to secure a sprint run of some sort. If that's how it would work and I assume you are guaranteed one if they accept your order.

I will post pics with the custom handles asap. I'm going to email Sketchen and tell him I'm ready. I'll wait till after Xmas for that though. The knife probably hasn't even been boxed up for shipment yet all the way in Cali.