Do you have the Spyderco Bushcraft?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JasonC6612

Do you have the Spyderco Bushcraft?

Post by JasonC6612 »

I've fallen in love.. :spyder: What do you gotta say about the Bushcraft?
ヽ(•‿•)ノ
yablanowitz

Re: Do you have the Spyderco Bushcraft?

Post by yablanowitz »

I have to say the handle is the most comfortable I've ever used, the Scandi grind surprised me with how well it works (I had never used one before, and being a thin edge/blade fan I didn't expect to like it) and the O-1 steel resists corrosion like sugar resists water, so keep it oiled.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

These guys deserve a Bushcraft IMO.Don't try this at home.Or in the bush.

https://youtu.be/1rTYCc2ZF2o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DPris

Post by DPris »

The Bushcraft/Proficient handle is one of the most comfortable & best-fitting I've ever encountered.
It is ergonomically excellent.
Denis
KevinOubre

Post by KevinOubre »

I find it one of the best knives on the market if you prefer the traditional Ray Mears style bushcraft knife. I have since moved away from the scandi grind but still, the knife is pretty awesome for what its designed to do. The handle is excellent. Its probably my most comfortable handle, hands down. Even with the polished G10, no issues with slipping. O1 works great for a bushcraft knife. Sharpens very easily and polishes easily, even though you have to sharpen the whole bevel. Since it cuts mostly wood, the edge retention is excellent. Assuming you don't hit rocks or anything, it will cut well for an extremely long time. My metric for that in a bushcraft knife is feathering a stick easily. The sheath is nice as well. Good leather with a plastic insert so you don't accidently cut the leather. Good friction fit like most bushcraft sheaths and the knife can be put in either way so its ambidextrous. All in all, a very solid knife. I will be getting a proficient in the future and I hope spyderco makes a Proficient with something like Super Blue or 52100 in the future.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Don't own one but if there's any Spyderco fixed blade that I really wish I owned, this would be it.