I'm a Spyderholic

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spiderwatts

I'm a Spyderholic

Post by Spiderwatts »

Thanks to Blade magazine. Oh....who am I kidding. I'm monitoring a package from BladeHQ with it's tracking number as it travels along the U.S. Mail routes between writing this note. Yes...another knife from Spyderco. A C85 Yojimbo. Been eyeing them for years and a recent knife article in Recoil magazine put me over the edge. I'm new to this forum but far along the Spyderholic road. I need help;)
My grails: Manix2 with CPM-S110V; Dragonfly ZDP-189; Native CPM-S90V; Manix XL glow in the dark.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: I'm a Spyderholic

Post by Doc Dan »

Spydercos are more addicting than heroin.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Well you know what they say, the first step is admitting you have a problem, but at least your not alone. I expect one day I will come home from work to an intervention myself.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

farnorthdan wrote:Well you know what they say, the first step is admitting you have a problem, but at least your not alone. I expect one day I will come home from work to an intervention myself.
I wouldn't be surprised if I would come home to a circle of Spyderco's and the misses to talk about this "problem" :p
She has a whole lot of patience with me and my knives, but ordering a Kumo, Manix 2 in CTS-BD130P and another Endura in the same week wasn't something she agreed on :o
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Why fight the inevitable? :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
WCC

Post by WCC »

Hi, my name is WCC and I have a problem. :D

They are pretty addictive aren't they. I often find myself flipping the blades.

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Problem? Why, I see no problem here. :D

(Ok, ok, fine I'll confess... My name Is Michael and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool, hopeless Spyderco addict. :D)

...Resistance is futile. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
BTG

Post by BTG »

1st step is admitting you have a problem, 2nd step is breaking free from your addiction, and sending all your knives to me,,,Hey ..I'm here for you guys...
remnar

Post by remnar »

Spiderwatts wrote:... I need help;)
We can definitely help you feed your addiction but if you're looking for a cure, then your looking in the wrong place my friend. ;)

Welcome to the forum! :)
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

:eek: Once you've been bit, you just can't quit. I've must have been bitten multiple times. :rolleyes:
endgame

Post by endgame »

Hello my name is patrick im I spyderholik.I have been abusing spydercos for years now without any consern for my bills or familly.i have 136 spydercos and counting.when im ready to die I will open all I have accumulated point up and dive into them like scrooge mcduck dived into his gold.lol
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

endgame wrote:Hello my name is patrick im I spyderholik.I have been abusing spydercos for years now without any consern for my bills or familly.i have 136 spydercos and counting.when im ready to die I will open all I have accumulated point up and dive into them like scrooge mcduck dived into his gold.lol
You know it's bad when you don't even know how many Spydies you have? Uh how many? :o
palonej

Post by palonej »

WCC wrote:Hi, my name is WCC and I have a problem.

Now THAT is true art WCC.....a masterpiece if there ever was one my friend!!!
:D
Joe
vlawson

Post by vlawson »

New addict here...So far I just own a Ladybug and Persistence...

Recently, I've been researching every internet link that is remotely relevant to the Dragonfly for 3 days straight now. That's not to mention the Sage 1 and Chaparral google/instagram searches...

Some think I'm addicted to the internet. HA! They don't know me...
"Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull
and cut a six-inch valley through the middle of my soul"
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I don't have a problem... I can quit anytime. In fact I usually quit collecting them whenever I go to bed, and don't start collecting them again until I wake up :).

Hanging around here looking at other members' collections makes it seem *normal* to own hundreds of knives, even duplicates of the same model.
I received 2 more Mules yesterday from SFO via UPS, and a HAP40 Endura and a Ronin2 via USPS today :D.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
endgame

Post by endgame »

Tdog wrote:
endgame wrote:Hello my name is patrick im I spyderholik.I have been abusing spydercos for years now without any consern for my bills or familly.i have 136 spydercos and counting.when im ready to die I will open all I have accumulated point up and dive into them like scrooge mcduck dived into his gold.lol
You know it's bad when you don't even know how many Spydies you have? Uh how many? :o
Im lowballing myself so I can sleep at night.I have over 22 manix all the pm2s all the kopas ,calis,almost all kiwis,humingbirds,dflies,chaparels,dodos,chrickets so many older single models,all the delicas enduras,all the h1,all the autos,all the balisongs,I can go on and on here.man im sick.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

endgame wrote:
Tdog wrote:
Im lowballing myself so I can sleep at night.I have over 22 manix all the pm2s all the kopas ,calis,almost all kiwis,humingbirds,dflies,chaparels,dodos,chrickets so many older single models,all the delicas enduras,all the h1,all the autos,all the balisongs,I can go on and on here.man im sick.
So nice to know I'm not the only sick puppy out there, you should post a group picture, (if you haven't already) of course you'll probably need a satellite pic. :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

WCC wrote:Hi, my name is WCC and I have a problem. :D

Hi my name is Al and I am a Spyderholic. But I don't think I have a problem, I just need more money. I only have about 30 Spydercos and my photography skills suck.

And this picture is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a while. Great job bro.
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
endgame

Post by endgame »

farnorthdan wrote:
endgame wrote:
Tdog wrote:
So nice to know I'm not the only sick puppy out there, you should post a group picture, (if you haven't already) of course you'll probably need a satellite pic. :D
I year or two ago I posted some of my collection but it took forever to take them in and out of the boxes and find the right box again if I have a hour or two and a very wide screen camera no problem
WCC

Post by WCC »

palonej wrote:
WCC wrote: Image
Now THAT is true art WCC.....a masterpiece if there ever was one my friend!!!
:D
Joe
Ruarch wrote:And this picture is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a while. Great job bro.
Thanks guys, appreciate it. :D