I'm a Spyderholic

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farnorthdan

Re: I'm a Spyderholic

Post by farnorthdan »

endgame wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
endgame wrote:
Tdog wrote:
endgame wrote:Hello my name is patrick im I spyderholik.I have been abusing spydercos for years now without any consern for my bills or familly.i have 136 spydercos and counting.when im ready to die I will open all I have accumulated point up and dive into them like scrooge mcduck dived into his gold.lol
You know it's bad when you don't even know how many Spydies you have? Uh how many? :o
Im lowballing myself so I can sleep at night.I have over 22 manix all the pm2s all the kopas ,calis,almost all kiwis,humingbirds,dflies,chaparels,dodos,chrickets so many older single models,all the delicas enduras,all the h1,all the autos,all the balisongs,I can go on and on here.man im sick.
So nice to know I'm not the only sick puppy out there, you should post a group picture, (if you haven't already) of course you'll probably need a satellite pic. :D
I year or two ago I posted some of my collection but it took forever to take them in and out of the boxes and find the right box again if I have a hour or two and a very wide screen camera no problem
That's exactly why I haven't done recently myself, it takes an hour just unbox and re box the ones that aren't in current rotation, such a horrible problem to have right :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

That's exactly why I haven't done recently myself, it takes an hour just unbox and re box the ones that aren't in current rotation, such a horrible problem to have right :D[/quote]

I hear ya, the only way your going to get all your spydies in one pic.
Couple that don't have boxes...never got or lost.
Couple that don't have boxes...never got or lost.
Empty spot in Right/Bottom box will be filled with Hap 40/Endura...had to open a spot in the Endura Section...a lot of shifting to add to #1 box.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Exactly I have to have a day to set aside sounds weird but if you dont own that many you cant comprehend it
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Hello, my name is David and I am a Spyderholic.

It has been about 2 hours since my last relapse, I was sitting here at my desk and lost my will to resist fondling the Rock Lobster sitting to my right.

I've tried the 12 step program, but this is a visual representation of my will power:
https://youtu.be/IjOyPCnZoIU

I tried to seek help from my SA (Spyderholics Anonymous) buddy, but he was at the local knife shop having a relapse of his own.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Hello, my name is Paul, and I'm a Spyderholic … and a former GEC-aholic (although that sleeping tiger wakes up from time to time as well) …

I love functionality. I love art. Hence, I love functional art … that's my rationale, and I'm stickin' to it …

And hey, a guy (gal) should have choices, right? It's perfectly reasonable to have 30+ folders in your EDC rotation, right? …. Right … ?

… and ... sometimes I think I love the feeling of knowing a new acquisition is on the way to me almost as much as the acquisition itself. Think about it - you know it's true … we're a sick lot …
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Spydercrack.
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
endgame

Post by endgame »

On Edge wrote:Hello, my name is Paul, and I'm a Spyderholic … and a former GEC-aholic (although that sleeping tiger wakes up from time to time as well) …

I love functionality. I love art. Hence, I love functional art … that's my rationale, and I'm stickin' to it …

And hey, a guy (gal) should have choices, right? It's perfectly reasonable to have 30+ folders in your EDC rotation, right? …. Right … ?

… and ... sometimes I think I love the feeling of knowing a new acquisition is on the way to me almost as much as the acquisition itself. Think about it - you know it's true … we're a sick lot …
I agree when I no one is in the mail I havr it set up so I get text allerts on the movement.I love hearing the mail truck I can hear it a mile away.he also carries a dfly nijition fiber I think zdp I got him for Christmas.I have a lockbox bolted to my porche and he is the only other person who has the .not even my wife has one.I live in a bad neighborhood so I did this to protect my spydies.
endgame

Post by endgame »

**** I just relapsed and bought a pheonix with custom manmouth scales very $$$.who wants to be my sponser.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I'll be your sponsor, start by working steps 1 through 3 and stop hanging out places that cause you to relapse, you know what they say, hang out in a barber shop long enough and your going to get a haircut. ;) :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
vlawson

Post by vlawson »

Spiderwatts wrote:...a recent knife article in Recoil magazine put me over the edge.
Ha! My friend got a free issue of Recoil when she bought some purpose built pants for her job as an EMT and gave it to me. I read that same article and wanted a Yojimbo 2 immediately! Ha.

I almost freaked out in The Martian the other day when Matt Damon starts slicing up potatoes with what I thought at first glance to be the Assist. It wasn't, but I sure felt weird sitting in the theatre with the boner it gave me initially.
"Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull
and cut a six-inch valley through the middle of my soul"
Spiderwatts

Post by Spiderwatts »

Ok.
I started this topic and now I see the company I will keep in here. I keep laughing over the other posts and then realize we are in the same world. Just like on the Golden Colorado made knives. EARTH!
My Yojimbo arrived today as I was monitoring tracking at same time. I love my mailman.
Anywho....the knife is sooooooooo well made. And so sharp. It opens and closes great and fits my hand perfect. Great job Spyderco!
I'll post a pic if I can figure out how to make it fit.
My grails: Manix2 with CPM-S110V; Dragonfly ZDP-189; Native CPM-S90V; Manix XL glow in the dark.
Reject

Post by Reject »

WCC wrote:Hi, my name is WCC and I have a problem. :D

They are pretty addictive aren't they. I often find myself flipping the blades.

Image But there is a dark side to all things. Image

How much can a Koala bear?
Spiderwatts

Post by Spiderwatts »

New addition to family:)
New addition arrived today
New addition arrived today
My grails: Manix2 with CPM-S110V; Dragonfly ZDP-189; Native CPM-S90V; Manix XL glow in the dark.
endgame

Post by endgame »

You are going to love the yo2
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

man, that Yojimbo looks really capable ...
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

WCC wrote:Hi, my name is WCC and I have a problem. :D

They are pretty addictive aren't they. I often find myself flipping the blades.

Excellent pic WCC !! :D
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D