I want a Roadie...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Holzfaeller

Re: I want a Roadie...

Post by Holzfaeller »

It's an interesting knife, but I would take a ladybug or clipitool for less money that would be more useful to me.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:I don't usually post videos, but I don't have any problem opening a Roadie one-handed...

http://youtu.be/dlJiHjzSd9Qhttp://youtu.be/dlJiHjzSd9Q
Thanks for posting the video!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I love my Roadie!
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Interesting knife. Never heard of it before, but will have to do some research now.
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

I work in the office two days a week and no knife is allowed. With that said, my roadie is always along for the ride given its discreetness. Plus If busted, I like to think I could convince them it's a keychain. Well that's as long as they don't see my Swiss Army that really is on my keychain.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

BTG wrote:
Art_vandeley wrote:I love mine. Great knife.
Looks bigger than I thought...longer anyway, knew it was thin....like that color also....with a little kydex sheath, looks like a great neck knive...especially with the color selection available.
Thats how i lost my first one...
Ok, so it wasnt kydex, but a similar heat formed plastic called "Worbla Transpart" a clear version of the material Cosplayers use to make Armour and weapons - had great retention, but i must have managed to trap the lanyard with my bag and unsheath it with running around the city, i noticed it was missing when i went to remove it on the way to the airport - went back over everywhere i went that day and couldnt find it - really hope whoever picked it up respects the edge on it and doesnt hurt themslves, it was freshly edgeproed when it went missing.

The new ones live in the same sheath, but it hangs from a loop sewed into the top of my pockets, and the lanyard just touches the bottom of the pocket, perfect to be grabbed quickly
BTG

Post by BTG »

That trapping is a problem, I don't like wearing it under my shirt either, tried it, and ended up never using it then....hardly ever wear the neck knives I have now, usually only when I think it will come in handy. Current favorite is the G10, CF dog tag, most people don't even notice it.