Other Zulu owners...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Other Zulu owners...

Post by SG89 »

Is your Zulu as awesome as mine? Perfect fit and finish and rock solid lock up? Opens like a dream? Recommend me any other Spyderco knife that's at this level or beyond please. So blown away by this and my pm2 :eek: :D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
farnorthdan

Re: Other Zulu owners...

Post by farnorthdan »

Have you checked out the Slysz Bowie yet? Truely a piece of sharp art. Fit and finish beyond description, nice flat profile so barely noticeable in the pocket, great blade steel and TI goodness...the list goess on and on.

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

farnorthdan wrote:Have you checked out the Slysz Bowie yet? Truely a piece of sharp art. Fit and finish beyond description, nice flat profile so barely noticeable in the pocket, great blade steel and TI goodness...the list goess on and on.

It's definitely on my list!
Spydergirl88
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

No, the Slysz Bowie should BE the list right now!!

The PITS should be #2! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:The PITS should be #2! :D
Hmmm, I'm going to say the PITS should be top of the list - the Ti scratches but I'm liking them, makes me realize that it is there to be used rather than polished with a microfibre cloth ......

Also on the list :
Caly 3 or 3.5 mine are smooth as silk after a hot water clean and lube of the pivot Ground thin, they are just amazing knives
Centofante 3 - cheap and cheerful (okay maybe not cheerful) cutting machine

Disco'd favorites :
Kopa, my newest favourite
Large Chinese, takes up most of your pocket but a fantastic slicer
Terzoula Slipit

And everybody needs to have at least one Delica
endgame

Post by endgame »

My zulu fit and finish is great but I have no use for that blade style just a dust collector for me.the yojimbo 2 and pm2 then the manix2
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

What about the ppt sprint?
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

endgame wrote:My zulu fit and finish is great but I have no use for that blade style just a dust collector for me.the yojimbo 2 and pm2 then the manix2
For a company who isn't really recognized for their "Recurve Blades" I do believe that Spyderco has some of the finest. The one I still think that is tops is the Kershaw/Spyderco collaboration known as the SPYKER model. But to me either the ZULU or Brother Dialex's ADVENTURA model are both tied for second at this time barring Sprint Runs and makeovers.

The ZULU is another well built, well designed blade that didn't seem to do all that well popularity-wise but I still hear nothing but good from anyone who owns one. I got a feeling that in a couple or three years from now it will be a highly sought after collector piece so if you have one NIB I would sure hold on to it.
swigert

Post by swigert »

There's a local shooting range that has had a Zulu in the case for a looooong time. I'm shooting there this week, I might have to grab it.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

swigert wrote:There's a local shooting range that has had a Zulu in the case for a looooong time. I'm shooting there this week, I might have to grab it.
Grab it!
Spydergirl88
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Anything from Taichung. They all have exceptional fit and finish. I had the Zulu and while I appreciated the build quality, I couldn't get past the recurve.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Would you use the Zulu for food preparation or is that not a good use for it?
endgame

Post by endgame »

Im a chef a blade like that a crazy recurve has no business in the kitchen
adam569

Post by adam569 »

spydieh0le wrote:What about the ppt sprint?
+1 I don't have a Zulu but everyone need the sprint ppt or an original ppt.
Recent purchases: orange dragonfly 2, CS exclusive paramilitary2, black g10 large chinese lum :spyder:
Wish list: Manix 2 cruwear, navaja, SB delica and SB Caly 3.5 :spyder:
Top 3 edc : s110v paramilitary2 , orange vg10 dragonfly, and Cruwear military :spyder:
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

adam569 wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:What about the ppt sprint?
+1 I don't have a Zulu but everyone need the sprint ppt or an original ppt.
I agree. I absolutely love my black sprint! So comfy and it slices like no joke.
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run