Brown\Black\Satin Tenacious Sprint? Exclusive?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Brown\Black\Satin Tenacious Sprint? Exclusive?

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The green ones were a Blue Ridge Knives exclusive and were available at many dealers. This may be the same.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
endgame

Post by endgame »

14447942543131322533412.jpg
going to get used I promise
BTG

Post by BTG »

Mine showed up also, 1 big happy family.
image.jpeg
Just caught myself thinking, that green with a black blade would look nice too !!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

BTG wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:So knife center has these too so I guess they're not a knife works exclusive. Interesting.
Just saw earlier today, ( now I can't find again) they were an exclusive....id never heard of the retailer before, and it's strange that they would distribute them to other retailers...I know I'm confused..
Sometimes a distributor orders a run and then sells it to different places. I guess that's what's happening here. Like the blue weave cf domino.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
swigert

Post by swigert »

And the brown para 2. Not a sprint or a dealer exclusive but a distributor exclusive.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Man I love that G10 color. I'd have several knives in that color if I could.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Evil D wrote:Man I love that G10 color. I'd have several knives in that color if I could.
Yeah, darker than what they call brown on the para 2 sprint, but still more of a Carmel color. I like it a lot...especially with the black blade....this black blade seems glossy compared to others too, a nice contrast to the scales.
swigert

Post by swigert »

BTG wrote:
Evil D wrote:Man I love that G10 color. I'd have several knives in that color if I could.
Yeah, darker than what they call brown on the para 2 sprint, but still more of a Carmel color. I like it a lot...especially with the black blade....this black blade seems glossy compared to others too, a nice contrast to the scales.
Black hardware really works also
endgame

Post by endgame »

Its more of camel if anything.im going to abuse the **** put of mine I have a full lamb comming in tomorrow.one I clean all the cuts off I will break down the skeletals with my tenacious for demi
awa54

Post by awa54 »

endgame wrote:Its more of camel if anything.im going to abuse the **** put of mine I have a full lamb comming in tomorrow.one I clean all the cuts off I will break down the skeletals with my tenacious for demi
lamb demiglace... now you've got me hungry! love the smell of demi reducing on the range, I miss that part of working in food service.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Edit: Ha Ha -- disregard -- I didn't notice the page 2 and thought I was at the end of the thread... didn't know several people had already said this :o
BTG wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:So knife center has these too so I guess they're not a knife works exclusive. Interesting.
Just saw earlier today, ( now I can't find again) they were an exclusive....id never heard of the retailer before, and it's strange that they would distribute them to other retailers...I know I'm confused..
It's not unusual for a distributor to have an exclusive. Actually the green Tenacious was a Blue Ridge distributor exclusive and the blue one was a JB distributor exclusive. Also the brown PM2 was a Moteng distributor exclusive. So this explains how some exclusives can crop up at a lot of dealers.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

...saw this when placing an order for the HAP40 and almost added one to the cart. Couldn't justify it in the end. Already have a green that I don't even use much.
Going back to Caly.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I had been thinking about getting and swapping a black blade or my SE blade into a green handle just for fun, but I think I'd rather have one in a brown handle too. Is the black blade anything like TiCN or DLC? It's hard not to get a bunch of these things. I really like the design even though I'm usually a choil lover.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Received mine today! At 40 bucks its a nice solid knife. I'll be sure to put it to work. Admittedly, I'm a bit spoiled by my higher end Spyderco's so the Tenacious doesn't get me as excited as it once did.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Image

Received mine today! At 40 bucks its a nice solid knife. I'll be sure to put it to work. Admittedly, I'm a bit spoiled by my higher end Spyderco's so the Tenacious doesn't get me as excited as it once did.
NIce. It definitely passes the BBQ photo test !! :D
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

https://youtu.be/YWq0ci9mbZU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its Spyderco dealer in Japan or just a fake?