CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jabba359

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by jabba359 »

CS is a terrible shop for telling us they had ~60 in November, then a couple months later updating the information to say they now only have ~50 left (how dare they sell any in the meantime!). What a scam! And not only are they updating their numbers, but they deleted their old, out of date and currently no longer accurate post so it wouldn't cause any confusion! The audacity! How dare they keep us updated in an attempt to help sell something?!? Next thing you know they'll be sacrificing virgin Benchmades to the Knife-gods of the underworld!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

This one time I went into a restaurant and ordered a salad and asked about their tomato inventory. The lady told me they had dozens, when in fact I looked out back and saw they had tomato plants, therefore having an endless inventory of tomatoes. How dare them. I'll never eat another salad again.

But seriously though, let's stay realistic... I wish I had a Spyder tree that grew PM2 Sprints. :p
Going back to Caly.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Could they just have had separate shipments that made quantity updates seem unreliable?

There's more to Jeff's life and business than orange PM2's, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Could have been an honest mistake. Even f it was an evil plot, Jeff and CS has dont A LOT of generous things for us.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I guess I'm missing exactly why we, as consumers, have a right to know (or even care to know) how much inventory they have left now. If you purchased one and not buying another one especially...

If you haven't bought one yet, isn't seeing online that it's available and can be put in a cart and bought enough? It's CS's business to know how many they have left, not ours... I guess I'm just surprised as the OP of this thread how many pages have been dedicated to this discussion.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Well it's sold out now, so I hope everyone who wanted one got one.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

I got mine. Of couse i had to find an orange g10 satin blade to go with it.
palonej

Post by palonej »

I love this model so much that I HAD to get a back up so I could use one without worry!
This one is kinda special.....when I take it out of my pocket to cut something non knife knuts ooooh and ahhhhh! They love the colors!
I have a bunch of Para 2s, but this particular one is my fav!
Joe
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

palonej wrote:I love this model so much that I HAD to get a back up so I could use one without worry!
This one is kinda special.....when I take it out of my pocket to cut something non knife knuts ooooh and ahhhhh! They love the colors!
I have a bunch of Para 2s, but this particular one is my fav!
Joe
I'm with you Joe, I ended up buying a backup also, heck I still haven't used my frontup yet :D I will though eventually, I'm sure one day I'll be digging through the safe and come across it and be like "oh yea, forgot about this one" and take her for a spin. I just love the PM2, sometimes I wish I had 10 front pockets on my pants :p
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BAHiker

Post by BAHiker »

CS has had exceptional customer service in my experience with them. So much so that they are the only dealer I buy knives from (if available). In regards to them saying they have an On-hand of 60 and months later saying they have 50 left.. I could believe it. As many have stated, this knife isnt exactly a 'best buy' and there are plenty of other options at or below that price point. To me it would make sense, I mean they just sold out yesterday 2/9/16 and the knife dropped back in October if I'm not mistaking. Thats quite a while for a knife of this status (PM2 Exclusive). All this being said I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and could possibly have gotten the last one they had :)
BAHiker

Post by BAHiker »

Not to mention they will be coming out with a Manix LW exclusive. Take my money now!
BAHiker

Post by BAHiker »

jalcon wrote:Are these seriously still available? Amazing. This has gotta be a record. PM hype officially dead?
Not dead. CS just chose to price this knife particularly high and as such not many were interested.
BTG

Post by BTG »

[quote=" Farnorthdan I just love the PM2, sometimes I wish I had 10 front pockets on my pants :p[/quote]...

Duluth Trading Cargo have 8..love'em...
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

So, is it stupid to pay $225 shipped for one of the orange black PM2's at this point? I just started collecting these and am interested in some of the more exclusive ones, but don't want to be retarded.
palonej

Post by palonej »

That's $50 over cost. Retarded???? No, not at all.
I have 5 Para 2s and this one is without a doubt my fav! It's the only one I have 2 of. Best action and just a bad a$$ looking knife!
I would pay it if the knife was immaculate only.
Joe
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

Sadly, I cannot see it first. Is on eBay. Pics look immaculate though, but....

And thanks for the reply. Seriously mulling it over.
palonej

Post by palonej »

Can you ask the seller for pics bro??
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Spideyhole wrote:Sadly, I cannot see it first. Is on eBay. Pics look immaculate though, but....

And thanks for the reply. Seriously mulling it over.
Be careful. I've seen fakes of the black/orange para 2.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Spideyhole wrote:So, is it stupid to pay $225 shipped for one of the orange black PM2's at this point? I just started collecting these and am interested in some of the more exclusive ones, but don't want to be retarded.
Spideyhole,

Welcome to the Forum.
The knife is not available from the dealer , so to pay $50 over what it was sold originally is not that bad. Still, if you are not in rush, you can keep you eye on BF, may be somebody will post it for less.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

The guy has a ton of pics and all show it to be pristine. As a matter of fact he has 4 for sale. They are listed for $245 but I asked if he would take $225 and he said he would. I have no way of knowing if fake or not and that is what scares me about buying off eBay. May have to pass and just not take the chance. Really want one though dang it. Oh well, better to not have a real one then pay top dollar for fake I guess.
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »