CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
adancingmonkey

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by adancingmonkey »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I certainly want both. I'm excited about the bladehq price, but more excited about the knifeworks knife.
Yeah I really like carbon fiber handles. I'm not sure what to think of the plain g10 handle of the bhq knife.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

tvenuto wrote:If it makes you feel better, Roman, my local post office does all kinds of stupid stuff with tracking info. For instance, if they have something from Amazon, and are unable to deliver for some reason, they will mark it as delivered so Amazon doesn't whine at them. How they keep track of it at that point is beyond me. Also we've noticed once or twice on Saturday a note that says "undeliverable, business closed - 6:00". And I'm often there at 7am on Saturday! What business opens at 6am on Sat? I'm convinced sometimes the mail guy just wants a Sat morning off. So, maybe your mail carrier is cheating on their spouse or something and chose a bunch of random reasons why the packages they had that day didn't get delivered.
Tvenuto,

I can only guess that my post office is like yours. My knives were delivered today. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

So you got them? Or they were delivered to the wrong place?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I certainly want both. I'm excited about the bladehq price, but more excited about the knifeworks knife.

I LOVE me some carbon fiber. It all depends when they land but for me the CF M4 para 2 is something i absolutely need several of. While the natural g10 version at 150 is a smoking deal.... im willing to drop 220 on the CF model. I dont think they sell out super fast either, but the natural g10 model will go extremely fast
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

That's a stiff premium for CF, though. That's a $70 difference.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

Popsickle wrote:I LOVE me some carbon fiber.

Carbon fiber Para 2's feel great in the hand. Someone sold their carbon fiber scales from their S90v Para for some reason on the Blade Forum exchange. I picked them up and put them on an S30v Para 2. It's my favorite Para to carry now. It's so light and the texture is awesome.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:So you got them? Or they were delivered to the wrong place?
I got them. What was happened on Friday is a mystery. Possibly like tvenuto said somebody didn't want to deliver. There are no two addresses on the box.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

bh49

Post by bh49 »

JNewell wrote:That's a stiff premium for CF, though. That's a $70 difference.
I agree with you on $70. Price difference between CF and 2013 Forum Natives were only $40. Still CF CPM M4 Para2 will be sold for $220 very fast.
I really hope that all three KW exclusives will be well spread in time. I sign up for tree of them, just in case. But I will get para for sure, dark green Mily - most likely.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bh49 wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:So you got them? Or they were delivered to the wrong place?
I got them. What was happened on Friday is a mystery. Possibly like tvenuto said somebody didn't want to deliver. There are no two addresses on the box.
Glad it worked out! So how do you like them? I'll admit, as nice as mine is its another para 2 of which I have many lol. It's still exciting..
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

bh49 wrote:
I can only guess that my post office is like yours. My knives were delivered today. :)
Nice! Hope you're satisfied. A very unique PM2 for sure!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Thank you guys. I love the knives. I am not a huge fan of black blades, but this one look terrific.

palonej

Post by palonej »

I gotta say.....this Para is just stunning!
People that usually don't notice my knives are asking for a second look and loving it!
Mine is an excellent example....coating is perfect, dead centered, super smooth free swinger, awesome & even edge that is wicked SHARP, no play whatsoever etc.
I get a silly grin stuck on my face when I hold it!!
Worth every penny!
Joe
Niles

Post by Niles »

Just a heads up. Jeff said that these knives will be going up in price as they start to sell out. He said that it's an attempt to keep the eBay flippers at bay. So don't wait thinking they might drop in price later on.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Niles wrote:Just a heads up. Jeff said that these knives will be going up in price as they start to sell out. He said that it's an attempt to keep the eBay flippers at bay. So don't wait thinking they might drop in price later on.
He did the same thing on the first run of no coated xhp. I believe i got 2 at 117 from him
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Interesting, wonder how many are left.
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

I've noticed two things: the handles get dirty kind of quickly but even dirty this knife is very easy to find if you have it laying around somewhere and need it for something. That bright orange really stands out.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Bile Bob wrote:...the handles get dirty kind of quickly...
I noticed the same thing with the only other orange G10 knife I had, a Dodo. It does look quite pretty while new though...

For me:
DLC + non-DLC lockbar + orange = 0 PM2's in the mail :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
palonej

Post by palonej »

^^^ I thought the same thing, but got one anyway and am very glad I did! You have to see it in your hand.....it is really sweet looking!
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Got mine today and really a perfect specimen! Perfect lockup and centering and the blade just drops when the lock is disengaged. I can't stop looking at the those orange handles. To anyone on the fence, I'd say pick one up. Tens time better in person than in the pictures. Thanks Spyderco and Cutlery Shoppe!

I can't compare to those great detailed photos already taken but here is mine.

Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Can't stop thinking about a Millie done up like this.