CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Slone

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by Slone »

Thank you Mr. Dan. :spyder:

It won't be lost for long with this high retina peel ! Maybe on Mars.
Which is primarily why I choose to use it for severe gardening and pruning tasks.
Also a good choice for snow covered ground...it's winter, let's have som fun ! :cool:
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:CS posted earlier today on their Facebook page that they have about 60 left as two hours ago. Thats 60 out of 800.

I remember seeing this post on Cutlery Shoppe's facebook page back in early November. A few days ago they posted a picture saying they only have 50 of these left, while the post from nearly 3 months ago stating they had ~60 left has mysteriously vanished from their facebook page.

I'm not trying to bash a company, my experience with CS to date has only been good and they are one of my go-to knife merchants, but this kind of rubs me the wrong way and seems a little dishonest (unless there was an honest mistake somewhere? Though if so, I would think the honest thing to do would be to admit the mistake in the newer facebook post, rather than trying to cover it up by deleting the older one).
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Did they maybe get another run of 400 pieces in? I seem to recall a lot of dealer exclusives working like that, with an 800-pc run at first and then sometimes a 400-pc run later if the first one does well.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Skywalker wrote:Did they maybe get another run of 400 pieces in? I seem to recall a lot of dealer exclusives working like that, with an 800-pc run at first and then sometimes a 400-pc run later if the first one does well.
It sounded like if an additional 400 pc. run was requested, that it would be near the end of this year before it was ready. I can't remember where I read that, or how long it normally takes for an additional run of an exclusive knife to be made.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

They didn't order the additional run. I asked them about a week ago how many they had left, and he said he didn't know but estimated around one hundred. It is pretty shady IMO bc of the Facebook thing, as well as someone else on here reporting that he said he had around ten left at one point. Oh well.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Just wondering why would somebody care how many left? Enjoy the knife, which you bought. And if you didn't buy, there is an opportunity.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

As mentioned previously, the combination of price, blade steel and coated blade make this PM2 not the most attractive Sprint/Dealer-exclusive.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

bh49 wrote:Just wondering why would somebody care how many left?
Because we can..
funghiman

Post by funghiman »

RamZar wrote:As mentioned previously, the combination of price, blade steel and coated blade make this PM2 not the most attractive Sprint/Dealer-exclusive.
Definitely.
Based on the properties you have mentioned, either S35VN Earth Brown or M4 Jade Green will be a much better option under this current circumstance.
:spyder: Para2 XHP  :spyder: Para2 S110V  :spyder: Para2 S35VN  :spyder: Para2 CF S90V
:spyder: Manix2 LW S110V  :spyder: Manix2 Exclusive  :spyder: Dodo Sprint
:spyder: UK Penknife Safety Orange  :spyder:UK Penknife Rescue Orange
:spyder: Perrin PPT  :spyder: Perrin PPT Sprint  :spyder: Positron  :spyder: Positron S35VN
:spyder: Slysz Bowie  :spyder: Ferid K2  :spyder: Sage5  :spyder: Sprig
:spyder: Junior  :spyder: R Nishijin  :spyder: Rock Lobster  :spyder: Urban Wharncliffe
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

If I'm going to waste my energy feeling indignant (and yes, it is pretty much always a waste of energy) it is at least going to be over something more important than how some guy sells his pocket knives. :)
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

Personally, I've always believed in letting the people speak.

This is a forum where we have discussions about Spydercos and this is a thread about the CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP knife which the last time I checked is a Spyderco made knife.

Myself I believe CS can sell his knives however he wants too, OTOH to post on FB that he has less than 60 remaining in November then 3 months later erasing the November post then saying has actually has about 50 remaining?

I'm certainly not wasting any energy worrying about it but it is a odd thing to do IMO.

Carry on.
sabb8pro2

Post by sabb8pro2 »

It seems plausible that cs sold 10 since November right? So then the number remaining would go from 60 to 50... So what's the problem? Not sure what I'm missing here but I think that math works out.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I find it hard to believe that the friendly guy who for the last six years, has personally inspected my knives, offered free priority shipping, left personalized notes with smiley faces and free pens or suckers in every package, is now suddenly involved in a conspiracy to manipulate and deceive us about how many knives he still has available. But I guess anything's possible.
:bug-red-white
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Just received mine last week, beautiful knife. Since I'm a Giants fan the color combination is perfect. Like gbelleh, I have found the costomer service at the CS to be excellent.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RamZar wrote:As mentioned previously, the combination of price, blade steel and coated blade make this PM2 not the most attractive Sprint/Dealer-exclusive.
I agree that original satin blade XHP with orange scales for $117 was much more attractive deal. but it is long gone. And for collectors, who want all variants or for users who want XHP para with orange scales, but do not want to drop $300-$400 for satin blade, this is a deal. I would not worry for CS, sooner or later whatever left will be sold. And somebody who missed will regret.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bh49 wrote:
I agree that original satin blade XHP with orange scales for $117 was much more attractive deal. but it is long gone. And for collectors, who want all variants or for users who want XHP para with orange scales, but do not want to drop $300-$400 for satin blade, this is a deal. I would not worry for CS, sooner or later whatever left will be sold. And somebody who missed will regret.
Precisely. My regret is that I only bought one.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Maybe I missed it but I don't think anyone's said anything about CS's cutomer service? I've ordered from CS a couple of times and gotten excellent customer service..super fast shipping..well packaged items..free suckers along with the cool free Orange pens. Fact is I can't think of another knife shop that sends out the additional free goodies like CS does..NG's sends along free band aids.

I think this is about a business using social media..FB in this case..to possibly increase sells by playing a numbers game to worry people into thinking they were going to miss out on a sprint run. Maybe sells were less than expected? With all the different numbers thrown around who knows what the actual number is.

I think they would've been better off to simply announce when they were sold out and let it go at that.

The only other pertinent info would have been is were they going to order up the additional 400..If they were then that would allow people to wait until the additional 400 came in.

I hope they do future exclusives. I think a Millie done up like this with a DLC M4 blade would be amazing. :)
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

It says right in the item description that it was a run of 1200 so they definitely got the whole batch. Perhaps at one point they had 50 left of the original 800 then the next 400 came in, now they have 60 left again. Hardly a conspiracy.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have never ordered a knife from them but disparity in counts between people in a company is not unusual. The actual inventory is what matters, and then at tax time.
That orange and black PM is sure tempting and I like the steel very much. The only thing keeping me from it is the price. I think it is pretty steel for what it is.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

adancingmonkey wrote:It says right in the item description that it was a run of 1200 so they definitely got the whole batch. Perhaps at one point they had 50 left of the original 800 then the next 400 came in, now they have 60 left again. Hardly a conspiracy.
Only the first 800 were ordered. It's a run of 1200 total, but the additional 400 were never ordered. I asked. A few times.
Like the above said, no one is doubting the customer service. There customer service is awesome. However I do think these didn't sell as expected, and a numbers game was played a bit to make them seem more exclusive and "hot" if you will.