CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Donut

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by Donut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Donut wrote:Is that the real last 50?

They haven't been too honest about quantities in the past. With the whole first batch of Blue Paras selling out at an odd quantity and coming up with another odd quantity second batch.
No idea. Just sharing what I read on their Facebook page :D
Sharing is caring! :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

Well, my orange PM2 just arrived. Quite beautiful. Much nicer color than even the pictures displayed. Oh, and my brown s35vn, my green Elmax, and my blacked out s30v came in the same day. Quite a nice knife day I must say. I've lost my mind.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Spideyhole wrote: I've lost my mind.

Welcome to the club :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Spideyhole wrote:Well, my orange PM2 just arrived. Quite beautiful. Much nicer color than even the pictures displayed. Oh, and my brown s35vn, my green Elmax, and my blacked out s30v came in the same day. Quite a nice knife day I must say. I've lost my mind.
Dont listen to that little voice in your head that is telling you need help, its lying :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

BBS still has a bunch of the Blue S90V Millies left. $283.75 shipped and throw in 9% sales tax if you live in CA.
KC is showing the S110V Millie at a 40% off price of $173 and free shipping. So your saving $110 and getting a better steel in the bargain? I know which one I'll be buying.

If they don't sell the S90V versions before the Blurple S110V Millies comes out they could be stuck with them for a very longgg time.

Not sure if its accurate but looking at the KC pic the S110V version has a black pocket clip..kinda cool looking.
zacmangray

Post by zacmangray »

They say the only cure is to buy more! :D
:spyder: LWManix2s110v,MuleTeamCPM4V,Dragonfly,
DLCorangePM2XHP,PurpleDragonfly,PurpleDelica,BBCEDelica,Caly3,BBManix2,DBs110vManix2 :spyder:
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Philo Beddoe wrote:BBS still has a bunch of the Blue S90V Millies left. $283.75 shipped and throw in 9% sales tax if you live in CA.
KC is showing the S110V Millie at a 40% off price of $173 and free shipping. So your saving $110 and getting a better steel in the bargain? I know which one I'll be buying.

S110V is better than S90V?

S110V is regular mass production, so naturally costs should be lower. Not that I'm arguing by how much...

Doesn't the BBS Military have a different pivot? Or have I heard this wrong?
Going back to Caly.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

SpeedHoles wrote:S110V is better than S90V?
Twenty more V's, bro. ;)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

They have different pivots and one will be far more collectible in the future. I would prefer the S90V version for multiple reasons but with that kind of a price difference I will be passing on both and going with the one with no Vs in it. Bring on the 52100.

Also, while you are doing a value analysis on the Military variations don't forget that there is another S90V version coming with a Ti framelock. That should make the BBS version a little less desirable from a value perspective.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:S110V is better than S90V?
Twenty more V's, bro. ;)

Haha, legit.
No wonder they referred to S60V as 440V instead. That one has all of them. :p
Going back to Caly.
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

bearfacedkiller wrote:They have different pivots and one will be far more collectible in the future. I would prefer the S90V version for multiple reasons but with that kind of a price difference I will be passing on both and going with the one with no Vs in it. Bring on the 52100.

Also, while you are doing a value analysis on the Military variations don't forget that there is another S90V version coming with a Ti framelock. That should make the BBS version a little less desirable from a value perspective.
I don't know? Its been on their site for nearly 3 years and they still have a large number in stock. Doesn't seem all that collectible to me? :confused:
I'd take the S110V version over the overpriced BBS version any day of the week.
Mp§eifs

Post by Mp§eifs »

Anyone want to sell theirs?! Im wayyyyy to late to get one on the site.....but i love orange & live the PM2 even more....
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

I think I saw one go for over 300 on eBay recently.....
palonej

Post by palonej »

The coated XHP Para 2 is my favorite version.......but no way am I paying $300 for it.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

That Cutlery Shoppe exclusive ParaMilitary2 Black DLC CTS-XHP blade with Orange G-10 came out in October 2015 and they sold for $175.00 back then. It took several months before they were all sold out.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
elena86

Post by elena86 »

RamZar wrote:That Cutlery Shoppe exclusive ParaMilitary2 Black DLC CTS-XHP blade with Orange G-10 came out in October 2015 and they sold for $175.00 back then. It took several months before they were all sold out.
Yep, I remember...and I was stupid enough not to get one. :o Same with the BBS exclusive in Elmax ...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

elena86 wrote:
RamZar wrote:That Cutlery Shoppe exclusive ParaMilitary2 Black DLC CTS-XHP blade with Orange G-10 came out in October 2015 and they sold for $175.00 back then. It took several months before they were all sold out.
Yep, I remember...and I was stupid enough not to get one. :o Same with the BBS exclusive in Elmax ...
I completely stay away from BBS and their overpriced offerings to which you mostly have to add shipping charges as well.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RamZar wrote:
elena86 wrote:
I completely stay away from BBS and their overpriced offerings to which you mostly have to add shipping charges as well.
As well as shipping insurance
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bh49 wrote:
RamZar wrote:
elena86 wrote:
As well as shipping insurance
BBS has always been good to me and I wouldn’t hesitate to order another exclusive from them in the future. Maybe a blue g10 m390 Shaman! :eek:
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mp§eifs

Post by Mp§eifs »

I know im wayyy to late & cant justify paying $300 on ebay..... Ughhh i just missed the Red PM2 also :(