CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nasgul

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by Nasgul »

WCC wrote:
Nasgul wrote:PM2 is too big for here.
But this colour make me want one ! :cool:
Do you have a blade restriction in France?
Yes, all locking blades ! :eek:

But look how it's stupid ! I should not have in the streets the small Manbug with me but I can have a bigger blade like the UKPK or bigger. :confused: :confused: :confused:
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Not sure how I missed this topic.....luckily got an order placed but was told today there is only about ten pieces left. Fellas if your on the fence, you better get one before they're gone!
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Are these seriously still available? Amazing. This has gotta be a record. PM hype officially dead?
NiallRiv

Post by NiallRiv »

Are they really?! Glad I was on the site the moment they went live and refreshing the cart until it finally worked...Surprising though, as for me, this is the best Para yet!
Holland

Post by Holland »

I'm surprised it's not sold out as well. Probably the M4 paras and the fact that it's similar to CS past para exclusive decreased the demand
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

jalcon wrote:Are these seriously still available? Amazing. This has gotta be a record. PM hype officially dead?
Pluses (orange; PM2) weighed down by minuses (coated blade; steel that is neither hot nor "super"; pricing generally perceived as somewhat steep compared to other sprints, exclusives and production variants). That and people waiting for the very hot CPM-M4 exclusives, one of which is lower priced. Actually, all things considered, I bet Jeff is pleased with how these sold (and deserves to be). That is a pretty quick sell-through for 800 knives. :spyder:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

JNewell wrote:I bet Jeff is pleased with how these sold (and deserves to be). That is a pretty quick sell-through for 800 knives. :spyder:
I hope that Jeff is pleased. I appreciate his efforts to give us some unique knives. And I still hope to see Orange Native5 with XHP in the near future.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
zacmangray

Post by zacmangray »

I am very pleased with my orange DLC pm2, it is awesome, and very good looking. I am not one to be sporting anything flashy or bright. But this thing in your pocket is nothing flashy, it's a lot of fun to have, use, and carry. The orange does get a little dirty with use, nothing some mild soap and water can't clean up. The DLC is really tough stuff and the black blade compliments the orange knife perfectly. It's a great color scheme. It's my first experience with the XHP, so far it is an amazing steel for me and what I use it for.
:spyder: LWManix2s110v,MuleTeamCPM4V,Dragonfly,
DLCorangePM2XHP,PurpleDragonfly,PurpleDelica,BBCEDelica,Caly3,BBManix2,DBs110vManix2 :spyder:
zacmangray

Post by zacmangray »

Hope to purchase another, price is holding me back right now.I am glad to see they are still in stock, maybe I will be able to get another before Christmas.
:spyder: LWManix2s110v,MuleTeamCPM4V,Dragonfly,
DLCorangePM2XHP,PurpleDragonfly,PurpleDelica,BBCEDelica,Caly3,BBManix2,DBs110vManix2 :spyder:
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Picked this up at the factory seconds sale....

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
NiallRiv

Post by NiallRiv »

Cameron, if you dont mind me asking, whats the flaw with your Para? Looks perfect to me! Congrats on the score too.
swigert

Post by swigert »

NiallRiv wrote:Cameron, if you dont mind me asking, whats the flaw with your Para? Looks perfect to me! Congrats on the score too.
Also interested in what the flaw is. Also, this years batch of seconds seems really hard to spot a notch in the blade.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

The only thing I can see is that the blade is ever so slightly off center. Amazing value for a the price I paid, $50 when XHP is one of my favourite steels.

You are right the notch is barely visible and looks like it just removed a touch of the DLC... makes for a good second sale find.

Cameron
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

bh49 wrote:
JNewell wrote:I bet Jeff is pleased with how these sold (and deserves to be). That is a pretty quick sell-through for 800 knives. :spyder:
I hope that Jeff is pleased. I appreciate his efforts to give us some unique knives. And I still hope to see Orange Native5 with XHP in the near future.

All I have to say is: :) and :spyder:
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

JNewell wrote:That is a pretty quick sell-through for 800 knives. :spyder:
They aren't "sold through" yet?
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

jalcon wrote:
JNewell wrote:That is a pretty quick sell-through for 800 knives. :spyder:
They aren't "sold through" yet?
According to an earlier post (see below), there are ~10 pieces or less left. I think that qualifies as sold through, no?
spyderHS08 wrote:Not sure how I missed this topic.....luckily got an order placed but was told today there is only about ten pieces left. Fellas if your on the fence, you better get one before they're gone!
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Oh....didn't see that post. So there was only 10 left exactly two weeks ago and they didn't sell those yet? I suppose it's possible..
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Regardless of how many are left or not, they have moved a considerable amount of inventory in a short period of time which bodes well for us the consumer in the future. Cutlery Shoppe takes a large financial risk committing to an exclusive and by having success like their past and present offerings it gives them the confidence to continue bringing these great exclusives to market, for us the consumer that can't pony up the funds for an exclusive run of knives from Spyderco. Keep up the great work Cutlery Shoppe and I look forward to your other upcoming exclusives.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

There's never a risk with a PM2 Sprint- run! :p :D
Going back to Caly.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

Sounds to me like they were priced right. 30-60 day inventory depletion is about right.