CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knivesinedc

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by Knivesinedc »

*falls to knees in anguish* This particular color combination....... With the model and steel.......... Has been my #1 grail..... For the last three years. And I'm currently flat broke......unable to obtain, all I've ever wanted in a knife...... I'll be crying in the corner if anyone needs me...
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Can't believe these haven't sold out yet. Is this a record for a PM2 not selling out yet? lol. Other than BBS stuff of course.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I've already seen some on the Bay for $289. That's a pretty nice profit if they can get it lol. Think they might have jumped the gun since it's still available at the original price of $175. But I'm probably wrong and someone will buy it.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

jalcon wrote:Can't believe these haven't sold out yet. Is this a record for a PM2 not selling out yet? lol. Other than BBS stuff of course.
I'm not surprised.

Not everyone likes black blades.

Not everyone likes to pay $175 for a PM2.

1,200 pieces in the run is quite a few.

The recent new regular production PM2 in S110V blue G-10 was selling for as low as $137.50.

There are two more dealer exclusives PM2s coming up. BladeHQ's M4 Jade G-10 should sell out fast even with 1,200 pieces since it sells for $150. KnifeWork's M4 CF will not sell out that fast with 1,200 pieces at $220 each.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

RamZar wrote:
jalcon wrote:Can't believe these haven't sold out yet. Is this a record for a PM2 not selling out yet? lol. Other than BBS stuff of course.
I'm not surprised.

The recent new regular production PM2 in S110V blue G-10 was selling for as low as $137.50.

There are two more dealer exclusives PM2s coming up. BladeHQ's M4 Jade G-10 should sell out fast even with 1,200 pieces since it sells for $150. KnifeWork's M4 CF will not sell out that fast with 1,200 pieces at $220 each.
Agreed but this run is not 1200. They have 800 with an option of 400 more sometime late next year.

The KW M4 CF will be $220? ****!

When are the two M4's coming out? This year? Does anyone know?
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

It might be because their web site is so hard to order from. I've been unable to get it to process my payments for the last several months. I finally broke down and called them this morning to run my card by hand, but I know I've bought from several other places in the last 6 months when previously I would have bought from CS, because of the issues with card processing.
Niles

Post by Niles »

Holy freaking home run batman! This is the first spyderco that's taken my breath away as soon as I unboxed it.

Bar none, this is my favorite color combo. The orange is fantastic and the DLC is wicked.

I want to use the crap out of it but I'm afraid of getting it dirty...quite the dilemma.

If they go on sale I'm buying another one.

I polished the back bevel to 5000 grit, and gave it a hair popping edge. This thing will ride my pocket for a long time.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

RamZar wrote: The recent new regular production PM2 in S110V blue G-10 was selling for as low as $137.50.
This is the game changer. We were clamoring for a M4 Para2 long before this even seemed like a possibility. I would think that the S110V model at it's price point would change the perceived value of many other Para2s.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Niles wrote:Holy freaking home run batman! This is the first spyderco that's taken my breath away as soon as I unboxed it.

Bar none, this is my favorite color combo. The orange is fantastic and the DLC is wicked.

I want to use the crap out of it but I'm afraid of getting it dirty...quite the dilemma.

If they go on sale I'm buying another one.

I polished the back bevel to 5000 grit, and gave it a hair popping edge. This thing will ride my pocket for a long time.
This is why I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a second one, I just know I'm going to want to use the snot out of it... :D

#1 is out for delivery today, might have to sneak out of work early.... ;)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I just picked mine up. Everything about it is great, except the G-10 was very dirty. Black smudges, and what looked like grimy finger prints on the scales. I was able to get most of it off, but it's still not clean and vibrant like the one I saw at the SFO. Lock, centering, sharpness, etc., are all excellent, so hopefully I can clean it up a bit better...

:bug-red-white
palonej

Post by palonej »

Oh baby!!!
Mailman just handed me the box......gonna torture myself for a while and not open it up.........that's long enough!!!
Wow!! This knife is just beautiful!!
Can't stop staring at it....oh....centering is perfect, sharp as sharp can be, color combo is killer, action smooth....a touch tight but will loosen up quickly......worth every penny!
Loving it!
Joe
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I think you captured the reasons very nicely.

The next interesting question is: will the S110V production knife cut into (sorry) demand for the two CPM-M4 exclusives? M4 used to be hot-hot-hot, and still is for some, but non-stainless blades don't sell as well overall and S110V at the current price was a major game-changer. As you say, the KW M4 exclusive in particular may face very strong headwinds, since there is the BHQ M4 exclusive that will be an alternative for everyone other than outright collectors. I think they will have to reduce the price on that one to sell it.
RamZar wrote:
I'm not surprised.

gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I just gave the new orange/black Para 2 a complete soap and hot water bath, and got it all cleaned up. Here's the complete sprint/exclusive Para 2 family (so far).

Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Wow gbelleh, they look great together, but that new one sure does stand out in a crowd.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

gbelleh wrote:I just gave the new orange/black Para 2 a complete soap and hot water bath, and got it all cleaned up. Here's the complete sprint/exclusive Para 2 family (so far).

If the fourth one from the right is the Composite CPM-S90V/CPM-154 Carbon Fiber one that's pretty rare. I think about 300 were made and super expensive ($470). Rarest PM2?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yes, it is the CPM154/S90V composite Para 2. There were about 300 available, and it was by far the most difficult to obtain. I was very lucky to have gotten this one for under MSRP from a dealer when they were released.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Mine came in...
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I not a fan of coated blades at all, but I have to say this one looks, errrr, sharp. :spyder:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am getting officially jealous and irritated.
My knives kind of AWOL.
A message on USPS web site stating "Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 11:53 am on October 30, 2015 in BETHANY, CT 06524. It is being returned if appropriate information is available."
Did my house became invisible at 11:53?????????? BTW, mail never delivered to my home that yearly, it is usually around 2 p.m. And BTW, postman did't pick-up letter from mail box either.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian