CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rycen

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by rycen »

If it's like the first run of orange para CS did you will be lucky if the price doesn't continually rise untill sell out.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The comp lock is not blackened. But everything else is. The black and orange combo contrasts very nicely.
:bug-red-white
TheArchitect

Post by TheArchitect »

Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation from CS on their purchase today or will they not ship until sometime next week?
25 :spyder:'s and counting
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:CS doesn't have all 800. Some or all of the 200 CC versions were distributed to the vendors and folks that have CC memberships; some have now received theirs and if not, they are in transit. That leaves 600ish for CS, so if they've already moved 200 or so of them, then they've moved a third of them in about 6 hours. Very respectable given many folks are staying away due to the high price. (I imagine many will somehow convince themselves in the next day or two they need to buy one anyway! ;))

As for whether CS takes PayPal as a method of payment, I don't know. I know KW does and some other vendors; NGK absolutely does not. A quick call to them could answer that... Or if one of you has yet to order, maybe you could ask them for us :)

200 were gone.. In the first HOUR. And that was JUST online orders. No idea how many they sold in the first six hours total.. Who knows.
palonej

Post by palonej »

There were a LOT sold overs phone!! Bailey said they were getting tons of calls because the site was lagging quite a bit. She also said orders will go out sometime this week.
They sold quite a few in the first hour......even at that price!! Which I don't feel is that high considering secondary market prices.
What a great looking knife!!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

endgame wrote:Im pissed I want it bad and im stuck with you no what in my hand
I think I've heard that before? :rolleyes:
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

On price, consider this: if it were lower, you'd see these flipping like crazy on sites like eBay. It's a fair price, even though lower is always nicer.

I'm a little surprised that there is apparently no per-order limit, though. I would have expected a 2/customer limit.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

"It's an 800 piece run with the option of 400 more" Where is that coming from? This is straight from cs's website and I don't see anything about any "options of 400 more"..pretty clear to me what it says..

"This limited edition of 1,200 pieces is made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A exclusively for Cutlery Shoppe customers"
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

And I have been stuck at a meeting at my corp office listening to my COO and VP blathering on about the company I have worked at for 15 years and will probably work there another 20, all the while I am just sitting there thinking "can I be excused? CS sprint has dropped". Oh well, at least my career is hopefully furthered even though my collection is screwed for the time being !!
endgame

Post by endgame »

twinboysdad wrote:And I have been stuck at a meeting at my corp office listening to my COO and VP blathering on about the company I have worked at for 15 years and will probably work there another 20, all the while I am just sitting there thinking "can I be excused? CS sprint has dropped". Oh well, at least my career is hopefully furthered even though my collection is screwed for the time being !!
Seems like im the captain of that ship also
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Philo Beddoe wrote:"It's an 800 piece run with the option of 400 more" Where is that coming from? This is straight from cs's website and I don't see anything about any "options of 400 more"..pretty clear to me what it says..

"This limited edition of 1,200 pieces is made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A exclusively for Cutlery Shoppe customers"
When Jeff emailed me about 200 going in the first our online.. He also mentioned it was only 800 this time around.
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

Just got off the phone with Jeff, half of the 800 are gone! The 400 option is likely, however, don't expect them till the end of 2016...no word on if the price will be increased.

Thanks Jeff, outstanding customer service!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Well...I broke down and ordered another one, I just can't get over that feeling that this one is going to be crazy hot a couple years from now.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Dang, we'll it looks like none of these will be available once my first check comes around. Oh well, I'll have to hold out for one of the m4 pm2s next year.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Antone gets two pm me
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Just got around to ordering now and got one without an issue. Curious when they will sell out. Contrast looks great and I quite enjoy XHP even if it is not the fanciest steel currently available.
WCC

Post by WCC »

farnorthdan wrote:Well...I broke down and ordered another one, I just can't get over that feeling that this one is going to be crazy hot a couple years from now.
That's possible but there's also a few nice ones coming out and I won't be surprised if BentoBox brings out a black blade M390. Quite a few contenders! But, you have to have at least one. :D
NiallRiv

Post by NiallRiv »

Kinda laughing at myself now for bringing my lap top to work and hitting refresh for a half an hour! Oh well, got one either way! Really diggin the color combo on this one and looking forward to trying out CTS-XHP for the first time. Nows just a waiting game for the shipping notification! I wonder though, if any lucky soul NOT intentionally looking for this exclusive will stumble on the CS web site and get one of these... it probably happens! Anyone else thinking about possible getting some serration's put on theres? I know, I know, blasphemous on a exclusive.. but all this talk about SE has got me thinking and all my knives are users anyways. And this one would (IMO) look WICKED with a 50% SE
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

Was able to pick up two yesterday around 11:30 EST. Had some troubles with the website but it eventually went through. Can't wait to see these in person.

Anyone know when the Blade HQ Jade M4 P2 is scheduled to be released?
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

I'm tempted to do a blade and hardware swap with my S110V para. A black and blue XHP and an orange S110V sound pretty sweet to me.