Quick Answer To A Popular Szabohawk Question...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Quick Answer To A Popular Szabohawk Question...

Post by TazKristi »

https://youtu.be/F4r6L7TKOIs
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mushroom

Re: Quick Answer To A Popular Szabohawk Question...

Post by Mushroom »

Thats awesome! Makes me want one even more!!
-Nick :bug-red
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I want one of these...
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

LOL--bet the neighbors love that!
Nick Herrera

Post by Nick Herrera »

Oh god. Oh god no! Wallet, please. Stop. We have bills to pay. There's no room for a Szabohawk in our financial pl- okay fine, next pay cheque.
Detdaddy

Post by Detdaddy »

Awsome post!
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Very cool! I don't think Texas even allows carrying a tomahawk, though I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted for it -- seems like for camping, it could almost be argued its a hatchet :).

Cool video MJ!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Wonder if my wife would mind me setting up a target in the living room.... :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

You know, I guessed what this would be before I clicked on it. I wonder what that says about me :D
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Looks like it throws good.

Now I want one that much more.

It's on my X'mas list. I've been sort of good.
Last edited by JAfromMN on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:Wonder if my wife would mind me setting up a target in the living room.... :D
Lol! My thought too. ;) :D Heck, I think I'm going to need one of those now! :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Wonder if my wife would mind me setting up a target in the living room.... :D
Dang it me too, I was going to pass on this one and wait for the more traditional when it drops but man I'm feeling so weak...I wish someone would come up with a cure to this disease. Maybe I need to start selling some of the ones I dont use very often...yea right, thats just crazy talk I know. :rolleyes:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
Dang it me too, I was going to pass on this one and wait for the more traditional when it drops but man I'm feeling so weak...I wish someone would come up with a cure to this disease. Maybe I need to start selling some of the ones I dont use very often...yea right, thats just crazy talk I know. :rolleyes:
Naw, don't sell off the ones you don't use--those are for posterity. :) Rather, you should just sell off the sofa and recliner to make room for your new 'hawk throwing range. :D ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Nah, keep the sofa. I mean, that's where you're gonna have to sleep :D
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

You guys are funny...hey wait a minute, do you know my wife.. :eek: :D

Reject

Post by Reject »

Got this up in the picture gallery, Image but thought I may as well add it to this thread too.

Comparison photos with a Cold Steel Trail Hawk.

I am not very good at being a collector. Because I feel I have to under stand and be able to use very item in my collection, Image even if that involves take out and knocking it around a bit.

As a young bloke; I worked with the Forestry Department and most days involved using axes. Axe using technique, is all about getting the most impact while using the least effort.

The Trail Hawk weight: 23.6 oz, the Szabohawk: 24.0 oz,

The Szabohawk is chucky little beast. But like any well designed tool, then you hold in the correct grip the weight disappears.

I had a used cardboard box lying around; so on to the ground it went, upside down. Took the Szabohawk in hand and aiming at the double layer on the bottom. With a simple flick of the wrist, it penetrated deeply through both layers. At first I wasn’t overly impressed.

Tried the same thing with Trail Hawk; taking a short grip, a flick of the wrist. The cardboard flexed and gave the point where the hawk glanced to the side and actually bounced off with out cutting. Image I had just sharpened the Trail Hawk.

Tried it a few more times and found that Trail Hawk would penetrate the layers of cardboard ok. It just took a bit more of a determined swing and not just wrist flick.

NowImage the Szabohawk was beginning to impress me.

How much can a Koala bear?
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

Amazing. Here, just take my whole wallet.