Do you or have you ever edc'd a fixed blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bornagainprimative

Do you or have you ever edc'd a fixed blade

Post by bornagainprimative »

I kinda want to try it if I can find something that'd work for me at work
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Re: Do you or have you ever edc'd a fixed blade

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Enuff
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I've been carrying the latest Mule Team in the leg pocket of my carpenter jeans since MT01, and I've carried others over the years on my belt. I had a different job back then.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

The mules are a pretty good size for that. I have also neck carried a Swick and it's a pretty handy little knife.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I've EDC'd some small custom knives but I find them hard to pull out around people because of all the looks. It's too 'abnormal' to pass. I'd have considered a Street Beat but it's ground a bit thicker than I prefer.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I carry fixed from time to time, have a number of spydies and others, this is what I've been carrying inside pocket of my jacket;

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Never did but I'd like to try a Bark River City for a while.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Not on my person, but I carry an ESEE 3 in my bag.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:Enuff
This,
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

No.

I've carried one while hunting and while fishing and at one time I kept on in my car for "emergency deer processing", but can't recall ever carrying one "around town".
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

I EDCed a SPOT in factory Kydex around my neck for years, with a Photon light on the chain too.

Backup lights grew in size (Fenix l0P, Surefre T1A, current Muyshondt Aeon) and made too much noise so the knife was moved (frequently a cricket in the pocket)

had a BRKT PSK in a pocket sheath with a Surefire A2 for a while too, but eventually went cut my carry back to a multitool and a small folder in a pocket (Cricket, SAK etc, currently an Orange Roadie)
Around home i frequently have a Daniel Fairly TiBOK strapped to my leg, hardly feel its there (titanium + big holes make a thin ultralight blade) and the carbidised edge makes a nice toothy aggresive slicer, instead of the pocket knife's mirror polished pushcutting edge
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Yup! I have carried a fixed blade a bunch. I used to carry an Izula or a BK14 all the time and sometimes still do. I have also carried a Swick or a Mule team knife as an EDC blade. I don't carry a fixed blade everyday but I carry one once in a while.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

I carry my $nody kozuka and my 2 pocket fixes from Aaron Forrest. Nothing too large though.
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

I edc'd a DPx HEST in carpenter pocket while in New Zealand for half a year mostly outside of big cities. (with a PM1 in my regular pocket)
Have also occasionally edc'd an Izula2, the Survive! GSO 3,5 (believe there's a smaller version on the way), Fallkniven WM1 and the Spyderco Streat Beat. (the Enuff I still need to make a new sheath for because I can't neck carry this one, will fall out)
Also have a Bradford Knives Guardian3 since a month and a Spydie ARK coming up which will be tried out in a month, headed for Portuguese countryside for 6-7 weeks and prefer to not carry fixed in urban environment. (except for maybe the ARK, that should be small enough to carry as a small back up)

Can actually recommend all of the ones I have, my preference would be with the Streat Beat and the Guardian3 and I believe the new lightweight version of the Streat Beat might be even better.
v8r

Post by v8r »

I carry a fixed blade pretty much every day. I usually have my Ronin2, 511 Tactical wharnecliff, or my Kabar Wharnstalker. All three are legal to carry according to state and local Law. I get a few gasps every now and then when I pull one out to use it, but am within my rights. Honestly my EDC carry knives are all rather large folding or fixed with the folding knives having longer blades, so really people's reaction in my experience is virtually the same. I hardly ever where a shirt tucked, so a fixed blade is fairly easy for me to conceal.
I say if it is legal to carry a fixed blade where you live and you want to, go for it.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Streat beat all the time.mule team sometimes .I love the srtreat beats sheath you can put the knife in any position
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Everywhere I go, or any time I have my wallet on me which is pretty much all the time. I carry an ESEE Candiru in my wallet.

HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

I am looking to do this and the BK 14 BFK talked about looks appealing.

Of course there is some 4V in my future so that will get some carry time also.

Love the wallet knife Evil.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I used to carry the Southfork a lot and I found IWB to be the best option. It wouldn't snag on anything and was easy to draw and resheath for me. I wasn't worried about concealment just iwb made everything easier. I've also done with with the original temperance but the Southfork was much easier i imagine the sprig would be even better.

Forgot about the ark i usually forget I'm even wearing that around my neck when I do wear it. I use it as a small utility knife though.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I EDC a Mule while on Boy Scout events (campouts, hikes, etc). Sometimes, I carry a small A.G. Russell Trout and Bird blade in a necker sheath when working around the yard.

TedP