What do you think of the S110V PM2 color?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Poll ended at Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:27 pm

The color is great!
34%
The color is ok, but I would have preferred something different.
23%
The color is bad.
7%
I don't see this translucency everyone is talking about.
2%
I see the translucency but I don't mind it.
12%
I see the translucency and I dislike it.
9%
Get over the color and use your knife to cut something already!
13%

Total votes: 91

GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Well, the color of the S110V PM2 has generated a lot of discussion, so here's the inevitable poll.

You're allowed to change your vote, so if you think one thing now but change your mind when you receive one, that's fine.

Please choose one option for what you think of the color and one option for what you think of the translucency. :)
Liquid Cobra

Re: What do you think of the S110V PM2 color?

Post by Liquid Cobra »

This could get messy.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I love the color. It is a home run.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
palonej

Post by palonej »

I really like the color AND the translucency.........BIG TIME!
Prob because I love my Manix with blue trans.
Surprised about all the whining too.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

palonej wrote:I really like the color AND the translucency.........BIG TIME!
I haven't seen any whining. I've seen discussion. That's why we are here.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I haven't seen it yet but mine should be here by the end of the week so my vote might change. Not a huge purple fan but love blue and the PM2 in general. What I'm most excited about is the steel and another PM2 to add to my collection. Most of all I'm continually awed by spyderco's sincere dedication to listening to their customers and pumping out these great blades, thank you Sal, Eric and crew. :spyder: :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I like the color, I also like the smurf blue. There were a lot of people inbetween on that one, as well. I'm sure we will see lots of different colors in the future. We will look back then and tell each other that certain colors grew on us more and more just as we do now.
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

Pink is fine with me.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Thank you.

We asked, err begged for dark blue G10 here in the forums... Next time, I wouldnt be surprised if Sal doesn't oblige to color requests.

From what I read, it is a custom color order and they ordered a lot of it. It's translucent boohoo.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I think it looks pretty sexy truth-to-tell....And yes, I can see the translucency and think it looks nice.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Have we actually seen real life pics yet or are we still speculating that the scales are see through? As far as I know the only "translucent" G10 is natural/uncolored G10. I could be wrong though.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

FCM415 wrote:
Thank you.

We asked, err begged for dark blue G10 here in the forums... Next time, I wouldnt be surprised if Sal doesn't oblige to color requests.

From what I read, it is a custom color order and they ordered a lot of it. It's translucent boohoo.
That's right, folks did ask for that. I imagine if that's what they had gotten you wouldn't see any "boo hooing". For what it's worth, I haven't really seen any complaining. I've seen several folks voice an opinion that they would have preferred it to be dark blue but it seems that the majority of them are buying it anyway and happy with it. As I said in an earlier thread, I love it that spyderco is willing to experiment with all aspects of a knife so I enjoy the stuff that is a little different.

Anyway, I've never worried too much about color but I voted with the majority and said I was fine with the color but would have preferred something a bit different. The translucency is pretty cool though. My opinion doesnt mean much though because I am going to wait for the m4 version anyway. That never stopped me from giving my opinion anyway though! haha
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Evil D wrote:Have we actually seen real life pics yet or are we still speculating that the scales are see through? As far as I know the only "translucent" G10 is natural/uncolored G10. I could be wrong though.
The translucency has been confirmed now by several folks who have received theirs.
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

I prefer the burple over the blue everyone expected but I'm still not a big fan of any solid colors for scales other than the browns, blacks and natural geeens
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Welp, like Sal said, it is a custom order...(went out of his way to order said color due to constant requests).

Sal said: *they now have a lot of it* boohoo as in we're gonna have to deal with it until they run out.

Im just saying.

Lets not act like I was taking away members' rights to an opinion. Something that I actually fight for here and get in trouble in doing so. Just said what needed to be said since a thread about this blue was so *necessary*.
Last edited by FCM415 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Thanks Sal for listening and bringing forth dark blue G10 in the lineup.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I like it! It's a refreshing color in the Para 2 lineup. Thanks to Sal and Company for all you do for us enthusiasts.
elmeringalo

Post by elmeringalo »

For now I can only comment on the photos I´ve seen. Is not what I expected, but I guess, when I have it in my hands, I will change my vote.
No por mucho tempranar, amanece mas madrugo
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I like the color. Not so sure the translucent quality adds to it - from photos I've seen it makes the handle color look uneven like it's stained.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I like the color. I actually hope it is transparent personally. Not sure if any in the wild pics have been released but I'm sure I'll pick one up. They could have made it canary yellow with toxic green and lilac blue polka dots and I'd still buy it. I do like the dark blue though