Calendar contest?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Knivesinedc
Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:38 pm
Location: USA,CA

Calendar contest?

Postby Knivesinedc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:50 pm

I have my pic ready to submit for the calendar contest, but i cant find the post. Did i miss it? Please tell me I didn't miss it :confused:

User avatar
Surfingringo
Member
Posts: 5622
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby Surfingringo » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:50 pm

You missed it bud...sorry.

User avatar
Surfingringo
Member
Posts: 5622
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby Surfingringo » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Lets see the pic though! :)

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 10449
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby bearfacedkiller » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Sorry man. It closed a while ago and the thread got locked. Let's see the pic!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
Knivesinedc
Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:38 pm
Location: USA,CA

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby Knivesinedc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Man! I was really looking forward to this year. thought i might have a chance. Ill post the pic anyway. Let me set it up.

User avatar
Knivesinedc
Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:38 pm
Location: USA,CA

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby Knivesinedc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Image

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 10449
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby bearfacedkiller » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:20 pm

Knivesinedc wrote:Man! I was really looking forward to this year. thought i might have a chance. Ill post the pic anyway. Let me set it up.
I thought I might have a chance too until the heavy hitters started submitting their entries. There were some great photos this year.

Here is the thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68142&hilit=calendar+contest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
tap78
Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: Europe PL

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby tap78 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:45 pm

I hope we'll see the results soon....

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 10449
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby bearfacedkiller » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:02 pm

tap78 wrote:I hope we'll see the results soon....
I bet you do! Great pic as always Tap! I don't know who is gonna win the cover but you should be in the running.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
tap78
Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: Europe PL

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby tap78 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Thanks ;) It will be a great calendar...

User avatar
Knivesinedc
Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:38 pm
Location: USA,CA

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby Knivesinedc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:19 pm

tap78 wrote:Thanks ;) It will be a great calendar...
It will be with your pic in it Tap! That's an amazing shot! My pic looks so inferior compared to a lot of others now thatIve seen some of the entries. Good luck to all who entered!

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7983
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby SpyderNut » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:38 pm

It was kind of strange this year because the calender contest wasn't announced until sometime in July, IIRC. The deadline for entries was Sept. 9th, I believe. Man, I almost missed it too, but mostly due to my procrastinating ways. ;)

Nice pic too, by the way!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22972
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby Evil D » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:21 pm

I missed it because I thought it ended on 9/30. Don't know where I got that from but I was working on polishing my Kiwi with plans of using it for pics. Oh well I've won two years in a row, no reason to be greedy lol.

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4409
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby farnorthdan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:44 pm

I missed it because I take horrible pictures :o :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."

User avatar
HarleyXJGuy
Member
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby HarleyXJGuy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Evil D wrote:I missed it because I thought it ended on 9/30. Don't know where I got that from but I was working on polishing my Kiwi with plans of using it for pics. Oh well I've won two years in a row, no reason to be greedy lol.
Two years in a row?

Might hire you next year to win it for me.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.

Willamette
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby Willamette » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:49 am

On a similar but unrelated topic, there was a contest for photos of abused Spyderco knives and an offer to the winner to have it spruced back up by the Spyderco Crew. Did the results of the contest get posted somewhere? I lost the thread and was hoping to see the results of that one. I think the original thread was locked.

User avatar
chuckd
Member
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby chuckd » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:40 pm

I sure am getting antsy waiting for the results of the contest! The suspense sure can be brutal.

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7983
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby SpyderNut » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:52 pm

chuckd wrote:I sure am getting antsy waiting for the results of the contest! The suspense sure can be brutal.
Lol, the waiting can be painful indeed. We should have the results one week from today! Woot. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7983
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby SpyderNut » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:53 pm

farnorthdan wrote:I missed it because I take horrible pictures :o :D
That's not true--I actually really like your pics (especially your hoard of Superblue models! ;))
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

Lobo.joe
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Calendar contest?

Postby Lobo.joe » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:37 pm

I thought the results were supposed to be posted today?
Lobo.joe

:spyder: Manix 2, native, native 5, dragonfly g10, sage 2, sage 4, delica, endura, caly 3 Damascus, caly 3.5, nearly all para 2, CF military, techno, superleaf, tenacious


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: benben, BigTinVA, Cambertree, Google [Bot], Henri, Henry_P, jkurtz7, Mr.B. and 37 guests