Production pm2 quality and price

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

Production pm2 quality and price

Post by endgame »

I just bought two production pm2's for 103$ each one black satin on digi satin.these are presents for twin brothers.in the past I bought fir at 35$ more .price point great now fit finish function.the more expensive ones has bad grinds machine marks and were dull had slight side to side play.detent sticky so was lock.the cheaper new ones are perfect like sprint runs.full even razor sharp grinds nice satin blades .smooth detent fall diwn when lock compressed .and no blade play at all.kudos golden I am going to buy 6 more to stash away for future use and presents.I cannot believe how sharp these came .totally in par with tje sprint runs.anyone else have this happen.
Hopsbreath

Re: Production pm2 quality and price

Post by Hopsbreath »

I must be spoiled living in Oregon, a Douglas Fir can be easily had for much less.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This is so funny. I have to throw out a huge "I told ya so" to everyone a couple years ago who was preaching that $175 was a fair price and would be the norm for the Para 2.
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

Even the sprint runs can be sticky and out of sync, they're all still production models.
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

endgame

Post by endgame »

My new ones are perfect in every way.and im stingy
SteelSpyder

Post by SteelSpyder »

I am real stingy with Para 2's as well. But the last two have been absolutely rock in both directions and still pretty smooth. I anticipate my S110V version coming in the mail to see how they did with those.
Ashton

Post by Ashton »

I have probably had a dozen or so (maybe more) PM2 models, and only one had problems. But man did it HAVE problems! I had to send it to Spyderco 2 separate times, and it still couldn't 'get right' in my mind. I will leave comments about the CS out. Essentially, there was a 'sticky lock' and then 'rock lock' - very frustrating! However, I did ultimately trade away the knife - at a significant loss to myself - but the new owner modded the knife for parts, and is extremely happy with it. So in the end, I guess one can say that this lemon turned out alright.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

I must have been very lucky ( knock knock knock) thus far.
Granted, I've only owned 6 or 7 PM2s but all have been very solid with no glaring flaws ...