Endura SB blade into G10 scales?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Skellz

Endura SB blade into G10 scales?

Post by Skellz »

Hey, maybe a silly question but I've been thinking about creating a frankendura by putting my super blue blade into a G10 model's handle scales. Will this work? I figured the tolerances might be different between the two, e.g. thickness of the blade from VG-10 and SB?

Tried looking for info from anyone who has done this but couldn't find any.

Thanks. :spyder:
Sprig - Mule M390 - Military Cruwear - GB1 - GB2 - Para 2 S35VN - Delica HAP40 - Domino - PITS - Salt 1 SE
bearfacedkiller

Re: Endura SB blade into G10 scales?

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Make sure to swap the lock bar with the blade. They are fitted together. Other than that you will just have to try it and see. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Make sure you test the lock afterwards because once you do this you assume all responsibility for personal injury and product damage. Good luck and share some pics when finished. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Skellz

Post by Skellz »

Thanks for the reply, I will try my chances when I can find a G10 model.
Sprig - Mule M390 - Military Cruwear - GB1 - GB2 - Para 2 S35VN - Delica HAP40 - Domino - PITS - Salt 1 SE
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

They're pretty hard to find. Might be cheaper (And likely a lot easier) to have someone make some custom G10 scales for your current Endura.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

3rdGenRigger wrote:They're pretty hard to find. Might be cheaper (And likely a lot easier) to have someone make some custom G10 scales for your current Endura.
Yup! Good advice. :-)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Definitely doable. I've put a couple of different blades into my G10 Endura frame, including a Matriarch blade (I have a Lil Matriarch blade riding in my G10 Delica frame now). My SB blade also is just sitting there begging to be put into the Endura frame, but I've resisted so far. As others have said, the foliage green Endura and Delica are becoming quite rare finds these days (i.e., they won't be cheap if you can find them).

One other thing that might be of interest to you is that Spyderco is planning to release a blue G10 Endura and Delica sprint at some point (soon?), this plan has been recently derailed though because the steel they were going to use for them didn't work out (why I can't remember at this exact moment, I think lack of sufficient supply issues).
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Spyderco is planning to release a blue G10 Endura and Delica sprint at some point (soon?)
Hmmm, sound nice !
I miss the previous G10 Delica, so i'm interested. Even if it's blue.
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

How about this G11 swimming pool green with black back spacer from Kevin Wilkins

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon