S110V Paramilitary 2 has dropped!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Donut

Re: S110V Paramilitary 2 has dropped!!!

Post by Donut »

bh49 wrote:Actually I was planning to cancel my pre-order. I am not sure, if I will be able to do this now. :o :(
How dare you even consider this!

Well, I guess you could spend the money on more Natives. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Donut wrote:It is kind of funny how BladeHQ calls it "Purple G-10". :)
And knifeworks calls it dark blue. So maybe it hits a point where people's eyes just see things differently? Perception is an odd thing. Like that stupid dress that was so famous awhile ago, this knife will be a new viral picture. Is it blue or purple?
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Can someone tell me if I Rit-dye it a darker blue, will it cover the translucency ? Or perhaps lessen it?

Don't know why, but seeing the frame through the scales is kinda killin' the look for me ...
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I'm not sure what others are seeing, but no part of that G10 looks "translucent" to me. Brightly colored maybe, but see-through??

The only parts of the SS liners I see in the pics are exactly the same bits I see exposed on any other PM2. Time will tell how dark the "dark blue" actually is. I just want the same shade that my Dfly scales on page 2 are colored. :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:I'm not sure what others are seeing, but no part of that G10 looks "translucent" to me. Brightly colored maybe, but see-through??

The only parts of the SS liners I see in the pics are exactly the same bits I see exposed on any other PM2. Time will tell how dark the "dark blue" actually is. I just want the same shade that my Dfly scales on page 2 are colored. :)
If you look, you can see a difference in the depth of the color where there is liner, from where there is not.
If you look at a Ghost Jade version (I've seen a few), that shows the areas more clearly.
Not saying it's "clear", or even terribly obvious, but I noticed it immediately ...and I just think it makes it look less 'substantial' somehow.
Just me I guess ...
swigert

Post by swigert »

Let's not freak out until we see in the wild pics.
RadioactiveSpyder

On Edge wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:I'm not sure what others are seeing, but no part of that G10 looks "translucent" to me. Brightly colored maybe, but see-through??

If you look, you can see a difference in the depth of the color where there is liner, from where there is not.
If you look at a Ghost Jade version (I've seen a few), that shows the areas more clearly.
Not saying it's "clear", or even terribly obvious, but I noticed it immediately ...and I just think it makes it look less 'substantial' somehow.
Just me I guess ...

I agree that the natural ghost jade G10 definitely shows that feature. I would bet a good sum on money there's no light transmittance through these blurple scales though. I do see what you're saying, but I think that's just an artifact of the (super) bright lighting. Anywho, RIT dye will certainly remedy any color matching issues that people might have for shifting the color a bit to their liking. Although not exactly the easiest mod (it's definitely not hard by any measure) but if you haven't taken a PM2 apart, it is daunting the first time you crack the screws open.

For me, the jade M4 is already destined to become maroon/burgundy colored (I love that Wine colored RIT dye). I can see why people like that color (or absence thereof), but it's not for me!

So, we were told mid to end of this week on these! It's now mid-week!!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

swigert wrote:Let's not freak out until we see in the wild pics.
Who's "freaking out"? :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

I think we're just bored that we can't all be reporting that we nabbed one, or just missed the last one from their favorite XYZ vendor.
RadioactiveSpyder

Donut wrote:
bh49 wrote:Actually I was planning to cancel my pre-order. I am not sure, if I will be able to do this now. :o :(
How dare you even consider this!

Well, no one else has said it yet: I'll buy yours off you Roman if you're forced to buy one! ;) :D

(That's a joking WTB comment BTW, no need to sic the mods on me! Or is it...? ;))
swigert

Post by swigert »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Who's "freaking out"? :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote:
I love the way you thinking. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: Well, no one else has said it yet: I'll buy yours off you Roman if you're forced to buy one! ;) :D
I will keep this in my mind. :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

+1 :)

Agreed. It's easy to get all excited about this, but the jury is out in my mind until we see one in-hand. FWIW, I really like the Kahr Delica Blue (denim blue). Beautiful color with a stone-washed clip, IMHO.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: but if you haven't taken a PM2 apart, it is daunting the first time you crack the screws open

Take it apart??? I didn't take this one apart. :D

RadioactiveSpyder

Nice scales! It's a lot cleaner if you take the scales off and just dye those by themselves. Otherwise you have dye residue all over the metal parts which requires a lot of cleaning. If you're a bit OCD like me, having dirty liners is not my style! ;)

Half black and half dark green RIT dye, the company calls that mix "titanium" coincidentally enough!
swigert

Post by swigert »

SpyderNut wrote:
+1 :)

Agreed. It's easy to get all excited about this, but the jury is out in my mind until we see one in-hand. FWIW, I really like the Kahr Delica Blue (denim blue). Beautiful color with a stone-washed clip, IMHO.
The S110V manix was like this. Stock photos weren't amazing at showing color. I don't remember who it was but the day they dropped they got one at SFO and took a pic on their car in the parking lot. It was amazing. Color was a lot different than stock images.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

This is an impressive knife and one that a lot of people here have wanted since PM2's and S110V came into the world. It sure seems a natural pairing and one destined for all time lists. Congratulations to all those who are fortunate enough to get to own and carry one. In practical terms knives don't really get better than this.

I hope they are around for a long time. My luck holds. My dryer died yesterday so that comes before any knives no matter how wonderful they may be. :)

Joe
Donut

Post by Donut »

Bodog wrote:
Donut wrote:It is kind of funny how BladeHQ calls it "Purple G-10". :)
And knifeworks calls it dark blue. So maybe it hits a point where people's eyes just see things differently? Perception is an odd thing. Like that stupid dress that was so famous awhile ago, this knife will be a new viral picture. Is it blue or purple?
It is definitely blurple. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

It might be purblue. :p Whatever it is. I'll be picking one up. :spyder:
Donut

Post by Donut »

New Graham has a few, I placed an order.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.