Deep-Pocket Carry Clip for Delica-4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
this_is_nascar

Re: Deep-Pocket Carry Clip for Delica-4

Post by this_is_nascar »

elena86 wrote:Just today my deep carry pocket clip(not wire) arrived from Casey Lynch, USA.I highly recommend.It's sand washed and looks great on my gray FFG Delica.
How were you able to install this? For the life of me, I can't get the screws through the holes.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

One thing people seldom mention when talking about clips is how comfortable they are in hand when using the knife. Since the Casey Lynch clips are so popular, I'm guessing that they don't cut into your hand much during use. I avoided them at first because I thought they were a little big and conspicuous. Instead I chose the (non-Lynch) one in the pic below because I thought it looked simple, discrete, and minimal... but after I used it a couple of times, it really seemed to dig into my hand, so I took it off and put back on the one the knife came with. And I realized that Sal et al really put some thinking and experimentation into the clips they end up with, with clip design and also placement. The plain old hourglass clip is pretty comfortable when just a bit up toward the middle of your palm -- not so much if you try moving it for a deeper carry. You all have convinced me to try the Casey Lynch clips for comfort, but right now I'm leaning toward the idea that if someone doesn't like the way my knife shows in my pocket, it might just be their problem :D :spyder:

Edit: clarity
Last edited by DougC-3 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I recently received a Lynch short clip for my PM2. The gray anodized Ti really compliments the camo G10, and it rides deeply but is actually easier to extract than with the stock clip. I ordered a bronzed clip from Casey for my brown Delica 4. Hopefully will be here this week. Will post photos of both a little later.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
boyleged

Post by boyleged »

I recently bought a deep pocket clip specifically for my Delica 4. I searched on Amazon for "spyderco delica 4 deep pocket clip" and bought the clip called "Titanium Deep Carry Pocket Clip for Spyderco Knives" posted by Made in USA. The listing says it will fit the Paramilitary 2, Manix 2 XL, Stretch, Delica 4,Yojimbo 2, Endura 4, Ulize G10, and the Police. The supplied screws did not work on my Delica 4 so I just used two of the three factory supplied screws and it has worked great for me so far. Unfortunately I am carrying my Endura so I don't have a picture of it right now but I would recommend it to anyone willing to spend $23 on a clip for a ~$57 knife
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi all, for reference the Lynch clips shown above are $16 plus $2 more if you want the anodization treatment or $4 more for powder-coated black.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... -etc-Run-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Casey lives and works in WA state, so his are also proudly Made in the USA :). I'm happy to give my frequent support to such a great local craftsman and small businessman.

Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Hi all, for reference the Lynch clips shown above are $16 plus $2 more if you want the anodization treatment or $4 more for powder-coated black.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... -etc-Run-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Casey lives and works in WA state, so his are also proudly Made in the USA :). I'm happy to give my frequent support to such a great local craftsman and small businessman.

Cheers, Radioactive
I agree. He is a fine craftsman, responsive and makes excellent clips at very reasonable prices. I just ordered one for my Delica. Have one for the PM2.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

Team Innovation
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

I ordered one of Casey's clips to complement my soon to be shipping S110V PM2!
I have picked up a few from him in the past - great value, quality clips, and a great guy to deal with …
Never had any issue with them 'digging in' to my palm, they're actually quite comfortable for me, but everyone's hands are different.
Also, he makes two different lengths, so if one length digs in, the other may not.
Just my .02 ...

~ Edge
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

…...
armenate

Post by armenate »

Casey Lynch is the way to go.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

You can modify a BM deep pocket carry clip....

:D
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

What is a "BM"? Not the eliminative process...

Team Innovation
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

MichaelScott wrote:What is a "BM"? Not the eliminative process...
Benchmade?
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Yes ;)
nccole

Post by nccole »

I echo giving Casey your business. I've been ordering from him since he began. In that time there have been knockoffs on eBay that I avoid. Casey's only issue at times is being sold out of certain styles. He works his butt off and takes care of his customers. I wrecked a bike and messed one up pretty bad and he made it right. He can rebend and anodize it again too. Here are some of mine. I'm patiently waiting on a BM clip that will work on my Kukhri too.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Nice... but there is one important case -- you can get BM DC clips for free....
nccole

Post by nccole »

tap78 wrote:Nice... but there is one important case -- you can get BM DC clips for free....
True, but I don't own a single BM and don't want a BM clip on my Spydie. Nothing against BM, I'd rather give Casey my business. Plus, I'll get a shorty and really like having the clip short and out of the way.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

ImageJust got my Casey Lynch clip for my Delica 4. Drooling can now commence.

Team Innovation
brwoodruff

Post by brwoodruff »

This tread is very helpful. I just received my first Spyderco for Xmas and I was looking for a deep carry. I'm glad to give Casey some business during this trying time as well.