Spyderco Factory Outlet - Seconds Sale

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BTG

Re: Spyderco Factory Outlet - Seconds Sale

Post by BTG »

Yeah, that makes sense, I'm sure it's crazy there...was planning a quick in and out, don't think I'll have luggage, it would be just knives coming back that need to be checked, don't really want to go there.....I should just bring a backback...with collapsed Flat rate box,tape, and a sharpie, save myself the scramble to find someplace open to ship Saturday afternoon....wish I didn't have to be back Sunday, but don't want to miss this.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

yablanowitz wrote:
spyderwolf wrote:It will be posible to make an event like that online,for the non-US :spyder: fans ?Its wishfull thinking,i know,but still...
That gets suggested every year, and it's just not going to happen. Way too much effort for little to no return. Spyderco would be better off melting them all down and tossing the remains in a landfill.
True. There was a time when I thought Spyderco would make a lot more money putting them on eBay and letting us vultures fight over them. Then I realized that most folks would expect multiple photos of each knife along with a detailed description of the defects that made it a second, and they'd expect to get the exact knife they bid on. The amount of time and effort involved in that would be astronomical and a few would still be on here a week later, whining and butt-hurt.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

I know its not going to happen.It was,like i said,wishfull thinking.As for the efort...i dont know if it would be that big.I know a lot of guys on this side of the pond who need just this annoucement from :spyder: :''We have a bunch of knives that are not 100% perfect for sale at low prices.''Dont even have to say what model the knives are :)
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Green light from wife, ticket booked, should be fun,...better round up my cold weather gear as I'm sure it will be a little colder than the Bay Area.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Pot is very cheap there now Deacon (well, so I hear ;)). Pretty sure you could sell off a Kiwi or two and set yourself up nicely for the winter.
Deacon is selling Kiwis? I'll take a few.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

GoldenSpydie wrote:I am willing to buy for up to 3 people (a couple of knives each). Paladin has slot number 1, and Radioactive gets slot number 2.
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Alright Eli, save a pocket in your coat or space in your pack to stuff some goodies in for me!
HarleyXJGuy, PM me if you're interested in claiming slot number 3. S30V Militaries were $50 last year.
I'd like to take you up on the gracious offer Eli if there is still a spot available. I messaged you a while back, not sure if it was received.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Liquid Cobra wrote: I'd like to take you up on the gracious offer Eli if there is still a spot available. I messaged you a while back, not sure if it was received.
Hi LC,

All three of my "official" spots are filled (Paladin, Radioactive, Harley), but I may still be able to grab something for you. What are you interested in?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote: I'd like to take you up on the gracious offer Eli if there is still a spot available. I messaged you a while back, not sure if it was received.
Hi LC,

All three of my "official" spots are filled (Paladin, Radioactive, Harley), but I may still be able to grab something for you. What are you interested in?
Eli, I won't know if I'm going to make it until about two weeks before the sale, but if I go you can make me a copy of your shopping list and I'll try to help find what you need.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

LC, I got your back. Let me know what you want. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
kromo

Post by kromo »

spyderwolf wrote:It will be posible to make an event like that online,for the non-US :spyder: fans ?Its wishfull thinking,i know,but still...
me too :)
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Argh! It will be nothing short of a miracle if I make it to this one. What few vacation days I have just got taken up very...unexpectedly. Let's see, it took me two days to drive home from Denver, sleeping barely 2 hours a night, so if I leave Thursday afternoon...hmmm...
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

bearfacedkiller wrote:LC, I got your back. Let me know what you want. :)
And I really only want one if GS can find it, so you can share my spot LC too, you're more than welcome. Course it's all up to GS... Thanks so much guys!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

A bit late, but does anyone have space to act as my proxy? School's going on :( Thanks in advance!
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

That's going to be a week after I get home from my honeymoon, which means my bank account and my vacation time will both be tapped out.

Still, I get to live vicariously through all the photos you guys post, so I don't miss out completely.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Hmmm, google says it's a 27 hour drive, so if I leave thursday night and just take friday off, I should be able to do it. But then getting back before work on monday...should work...

What time does it start/end? Just a normal business day?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

PayneTrain wrote:Hmmm, google says it's a 27 hour drive, so if I leave thursday night and just take friday off, I should be able to do it. But then getting back before work on monday...should work...

Yes. If I recall correctly, it started at 8 or 9 AM and ran until 5 PM.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
paladin

Post by paladin »

PayneTrain wrote:Hmmm, google says it's a 27 hour drive, so if I leave thursday night and just take friday off, I should be able to do it. But then getting back before work on monday...should work...

Whatever you do...don't do a marathon drive cross country...

My friend attempted to drive from NC to Los Angeles with only pit stops & overnight lodging...

Long story short, he was hospitalized in Omaha, Neb. with blood clots in his right calf...he's still on blood thinners. :eek:

Seriously, it will be great fun & fellowship to be there, but don't try to "man-up" and make a red eye carride to Mecca....it won't be worth it even if they have a truckload of m390 PM2's for $2.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

paladin wrote: Whatever you do...don't do a marathon drive cross country...
Hah oh no don't worry about me! I've done this drive both ways already (well, to Denver). I LIVE for cross country trips, and have a good bit of experience with them and pushing the limits. My friend once compared me to BMW...the ultimate driving machine!
paladin

Post by paladin »

ok, cool, sounds as if you are aware ...take some 81 mg aspirin with you, at least (if you don't already)

enjoy, & wish I could be there with all our other attending brothers!
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

kromo wrote:
me too :)
+1 on this

European market is as large as US market ! So do not forget us ! ;)
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D