The Spyderco Senior think tank

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
SpeedHoles
Member
Posts: 2725
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:53 am
Location: Mitten

Re: The Spyderco Senior think tank

Postby SpeedHoles » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Don't let the Senior forget! Needs constant reminder. ;)
Going back to Caly.

User avatar
SpeedHoles
Member
Posts: 2725
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:53 am
Location: Mitten

Re: The Spyderco Senior think tank

Postby SpeedHoles » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Hmmmm, so did the Sliverax kind of beat this larger Dialex Senior idea to the punch...?
Going back to Caly.

User avatar
dialex
Member
Posts: 9167
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Campina, Romania, Europe, Terra
Contact:

Re: The Spyderco Senior think tank

Postby dialex » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:25 am

SpeedHoles wrote:Hmmmm, so did the Sliverax kind of beat this larger Dialex Senior idea to the punch...?
Not really. The Senior is not an oversized Junior, but a totally different design. Much more classic lines, I'd say.
Just don't hold your breath waiting, I'm afraid it won't happen. :(
Thanks everyone for your input and support, it's a thread worth reading.

User avatar
SpeedHoles
Member
Posts: 2725
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:53 am
Location: Mitten

Re: The Spyderco Senior think tank

Postby SpeedHoles » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:42 am

dialex wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:Hmmmm, so did the Sliverax kind of beat this larger Dialex Senior idea to the punch...?
Not really. The Senior is not an oversized Junior, but a totally different design. Much more classic lines, I'd say.
Just don't hold your breath waiting, I'm afraid it won't happen. :(
Thanks everyone for your input and support, it's a thread worth reading.


Thanks for chiming in, and for correcting my assumption.
But now I am quite intrigued by what the design actually does entail. I was picturing a Junior altered for larger hands...
Is there already a functioning prototype/custom that has been submitted to Spyderco for consideration?



I always thought the Junior was a brilliant design, being one of the few models available with a compression lock at that time, and great blade placement for keeping fingers out of the way for certain tasks, and slim in the pocket for the blade size... but, it was always cursed with its name and marketing being targeted to only small hands...
Then when I saw the Sliverax get released, and all the praise for it, I was like wow this is what the Senior may have been, having some very slight similarities and resemblance to the Junior in my eyes.
Going back to Caly.

twinboysdad
Member
Posts: 2984
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Re: The Spyderco Senior think tank

Postby twinboysdad » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 am

I just wanted a slightly larger Junior...

User avatar
dialex
Member
Posts: 9167
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Campina, Romania, Europe, Terra
Contact:

Re: The Spyderco Senior think tank

Postby dialex » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:47 am

SpeedHoles wrote:
dialex wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:Hmmmm, so did the Sliverax kind of beat this larger Dialex Senior idea to the punch...?
...Then when I saw the Sliverax get released, and all the praise for it, I was like wow this is what the Senior may have been, having some very slight similarities and resemblance to the Junior in my eyes.
Indeed, the Sliverax is very elegant and handy at the same time. The kind of knife I would carry myself. :)


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albatross, archangel, belligerentfool, Bing [Bot], Spydergirl88 and 33 guests