How many knives do you pack?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JAfromMN

Re: How many knives do you pack?

Post by JAfromMN »

Depending on the day between 2 and 6 if multitool blades count.
shoggoth80

Post by shoggoth80 »

1-2 depending. One for utility cutting at work, and one to possibly save my skin when doing road calls in rough areas. But at least one. It's something I don't think anyone should leave the house without.
JT

Post by JT »

Indoors, usually just one. zdp g-10 Dragonfly mostly.
garage, one, Pac Salt.
at work, two, a beat up ZDP Delica and a hawkbill.
Jogging, one, usually Tasman salt IWB.
out and about, 2-3, depending. Car keys and house keys include ladybug hawkbill, and LFP I carry what ever I choose for that day. Today it is my ZDP Delica, which is becoming my most carried blade.
Outdoors, 2-3, 1-2 folders and 1 fixed. last fishing trip, my Pac Salt was the folder of choice, and it did good... everything from spreading the butter to cutting up fish.
Last edited by JT on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

JT wrote:Indoors, usually just one. zdp g-10 Dragonfly mostly.
carage, one, Pac Salt.
out and about, 2-3, depending. Car keys and house keys include ladybug hawkbill, and LFP I carry what ever I choose for that day. Today it is my ZDP Delica, which is becoming my most carried blade.
Outdoors, 2-3, 1-2 folders and 1 fixed. last fishing trip, my Pac Salt was the folder of choice, and it did good... everything from spreading the butter to cutting up fish.
Hope you spread the butter first lol.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
pcguy23

Post by pcguy23 »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:
JT wrote:Indoors, usually just one. zdp g-10 Dragonfly mostly.
carage, one, Pac Salt.
LOL
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Currently 2; PM2 PE and Delica 4 PE ZDP-189, come Archery season a Street Beat attached to my shoulder harness on the backpack will be used for field dressing :)
araneae

Post by araneae »

Generally 3, typical carry is: 1. Spydie rfp- varies as I rotate a lot, today its a Crow 2. 2. lfp or cargo pocket if available a SAK- also rotates frequently. 3. Small Spydie with teeth- most often a Ladyhawk. Honestly a 4th probably sneaks in a lot too.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

98% of the time I pack two folders with me>> usually one full plain edged and one full Spyderedged model. Now if I anticipate doing specific jobs that require some type of special cutting tool then I'll usually have one fixed blade to add to my EDC arsenal.

I also rotate many of my EDC/USER Spyders>> Right now my main EDC is my newly aquired C-36 Military model with M390 blade steel. In the serrated category I almost always have my full SE, 440V Native for all the roughhouse type of cutting jobs.

Most every other day I carry my trusty C-60 Ayoob model and on special occasions I have my C-44 Dyad or my C-46 Lum Tanto folder. But that's only the tip of the iceberg because I also have an arsenal of Spyderco Hawkbills and Reverse S blades I rotate from time to time. It's a problem keeping track of and maintaining all those bad boys but it's a good problem :D
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Usually a Victorinox Spirit multitool or a Victorinox Pioneer.
A PM2 or Native5 lw,occasionally an Urban lw or Gayle Bradley and sometimes when I'll likely need something bigger my CE Military with a Native5 lw or an Urban lw.
When going hiking or so I like to bring a fixed blade, lately usually my Hill Knives S.O.K. (great size -weight ratio as well)

So usually 2, one of which is a multitool/SAK.
(A lot of damage to bladetips and the like can also be prevented by using a multitool/SAK)
JT

Post by JT »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:
Nah, why bother, it just adds flavor :p :D
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Rapidray

Post by Rapidray »

That would be 3...all Spyderco's.
A Dragonfly G10 in my shirt pocket. I use it when in an office.
A Paramilitary 2 in my right pants pocket.
A Matriarch 2 in my left pants pocket.
RexGig0

Post by RexGig0 »

One, to as many as three or four. First will almost always be an Assist. The second will, typically, be a Victorinox SAK, the model depending upon anticipated activities. The third/fourth, if carried, will be very environment-specific, and could be anything from a pure weapon, such as my Civilian, to a good, stout general-purpose blade, or a very task-specific blade, such as a chopper.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

JD Spydo.....you are a big disappointment....IDK...I thought I taught you better.....only two knives????...well at least I can have solice in the fact that one of them is an Ayoob...... :p Doc :D
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I only need to carry 1 :)
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Yah we know....Master Samurai Travis :p .....Doc:)
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Ladybug on my keys and one other in a cargo pocket.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Usually two, one in left hand front pocket and one in the right. Left is always waved or zip waved.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:JD Spydo.....you are a big disappointment....IDK...I thought I taught you better.....only two knives????...well at least I can have solice in the fact that one of them is an Ayoob...... :p Doc :D
Well DOC if it's any consolation to you I have been known to have as many as 4 to 5 blades on me if I'm hunting or hiking in the woods which is a favorite past time for me especially in the upcoming autumn. I'm also gravitating to more fixed blade usage when I'm out in the wild or on a fishing trip.

Now there was a time here about 3 months ago I had a serious conflict with one of the mentally ill clients we had frequent here where I work and I would see him on the streets for about two to three weeks before they locked him up ( thank GOD)>> at that time I was consistently carrying 3 to 4 blades on me constantly and usually sporting one dependable fixed blade as well.

But you're right DOC I need to be more serious about my overall knife usage :rolleyes: :D
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

2-3
Alox Classic and Swisstool are always with me (unless i am at court or the airport)

the third depends on where i am and what i am doing - if i am at home, i sometimes strap on a fixed blade (normally a BRKT Gunny)
sometimes a Native or Endura, Byrd Wings, Boker Subcom etc - this spot will probably be permanantly taken by a Roadie when i get another - i lost my Red handled one.