mailday: a knife i never thought I'd be able to own

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dubya3

mailday: a knife i never thought I'd be able to own

Post by dubya3 »

I received a 154/S90V PM2 yesterday, something I never thought I'd be able to afford but it fell in my lap at a very fair price (thank you Nate). Just showing it off here since I have no knife friends locally! S90V Yojimbo is coming this week too :D thank god I had a lot of Benchmade's to sell!
20150811_080318_zps3chgypje.png
20150811_080318_zps3chgypje.png (130.83 KiB) Viewed 910 times
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

awa54

Re: mailday: a knife i never thought I'd be able to own

Post by awa54 »

that's a pretty spiffy vertical of exotic spydies!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
brj

Post by brj »

Ahh, the elusive 154/s90v Para, I sooo need me one of these. Congrats on the score :)
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I got one for $200 at my b&m and sold it for far less than most sell for now. I just did not know what to do with a knife so rare. Certainly not carry it
Donut

Post by Donut »

Epic score, thanks for sharing.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

That's a great looking collection, Cory! You certainly have great taste in Spydercos :D
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

twinboysdad wrote:I got one for $200 at my b&m and sold it for far less than most sell for now. I just did not know what to do with a knife so rare. Certainly not carry it

I'm carrying mine today, just to show my coworkers but believe me I have my SE Endura with if I need a knife!
At $200 I would have bought a few if I could, I've never heard of one selling for under ~$350 from a store. Most sold near MSRP didn't they?
Cory

dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

awa54 wrote:that's a pretty spiffy vertical of exotic spydies!
Thanks David! It's kind of ironic, I used to give my brother a hard time for collecting safe queens and now I found myself doing it too. I'm a CF nerd and love Spyderco's peep ply texture so I decided to "collect" the Golden made PP CF Spydies I don't have, as funds allow. I've been dreaming about the Mille CF & titanium that's coming soon. LOL
Cory

WCC

Post by WCC »

Awesome Cory and I hope it brings you plenty of joy. I think you got it for a very good price as well.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Nicely done, man! It's always a great feeling satisfying a grail-quest. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

twinboysdad wrote:I got one for $200 at my b&m and sold it for far less than most sell for now. I just did not know what to do with a knife so rare. Certainly not carry it
I was lucky enough to score one at the factory 2nds sale, so mine being a factory 2nd took away any excuse for not using mine. If I had a NIB first quality one like you did, I wouldn't use it either. :D
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

dubya3 wrote:

I'm carrying mine today, just to show my coworkers but believe me I have my SE Endura with if I need a knife!
At $200 I would have bought a few if I could, I've never heard of one selling for under ~$350 from a store. Most sold near MSRP didn't they?
My guy hooked me up big time, they got 2 and he bought the other one. I sold mine for $450
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

twinboysdad wrote:
dubya3 wrote:

My guy hooked me up big time, they got 2 and he bought the other one. I sold mine for $450
Wow that's an awesome price. I actually paid less for mine last week than you sold yours for so I'm very happy. Did yours come with papers? Mine didnt, I guess they didn't come with it when it was brand new and I've heard that from a few original owners of the 154/s90v
Cory

WCC

Post by WCC »

dubya3 wrote:Did yours come with papers? Mine didnt, I guess they didn't come with it when it was brand new and I've heard that from a few original owners of the 154/s90v
Cory, the guy I bought mine from was the original owner and it has the papers. Perhaps some did and others didn't.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Mine had papers
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

WCC wrote:
dubya3 wrote:Did yours come with papers? Mine didnt, I guess they didn't come with it when it was brand new and I've heard that from a few original owners of the 154/s90v
Cory, the guy I bought mine from was the original owner and it has the papers. Perhaps some did and others didn't.
Yeah I'm just curious how many didn't come with them besides mine and the two guys that I've talked to on the Facebook trading pages. I won't have the "original" papers but the copy will be just as good for me, thank you.
Cory