I should not have to subscribe to this Forum...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jumpin'Spyder

I should not have to subscribe to this Forum...

Post by Jumpin'Spyder »

...In less than one month 11 new Spydies!!! And now who cares for my empty wallet?!?!?
Joking, obviously! But the Bug bit me hard again and know it's only up to me :eek: There is no antidote to the bite: I was healty for some years but now I'm in again :spyder:

These are the new 9 from when I subscribed here (the 2 Crickets are old ones, just to cover the Sharpmaker...this new also)
Spydies.jpg
I'm waiting for 2 USN Hawkbill too, that had to be already here in Italy but that for some strange issue are gone to someone in Croatia thanks to USPS maybe drunk!
I have to say that thanks to the really kind Kristy another 2 are in route to me... THANKS KRISTY AND ALL Spydercrew!!! :D

Thanks anyway to all the people here that push my money outside my wallet... :mad:
But really this is a GREAT FORUM with GREAT PEOPLE: I love to read you every day even if I do not post a lot.

I need to slow down a little even though I look here often and my eyes call for new Spydies.

Have all a nice Spydie Summer! :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
palonej

Re: I should not have to subscribe to this Forum...

Post by palonej »

Couldn't agree with you more! Bunch of shameless enablers in this nut house!!
Got my first Spydie the end of June, Pacific Salt.......I now have 2 Enduras, 2 PM 2s and 2 Manix 2s.......I am withdrawing my subscription immediately!!
My wallet seems to be dieting!!!
:D
Joe
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I blame the knives more than the people. Once you start using them and realize what you've been missing out on it's hard not to go a bit overboard. Ergos, steel, quality, value, etc etc. Not to mention Sal catering to our request. But where else do you find a sub $100 production knife in S110V with a proper heat treat?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The knives aren't even the worst part...wait until you start buying sharpening gear.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:The knives aren't even the worst part...wait until you start buying sharpening gear.
Yup....
Jumpin'Spyder

Post by Jumpin'Spyder »

I needed to understand by the names (e.g. Evil D... :D ) that something would lead me on the way to the ****!!! Look, for now The Sharpmaker, one double stone for the outdoors, 1 Flitz Polish and 1 Frog Lube: all suggested here from other little devils!

The worst part here is that living in Europe we need to reckon with the local prices...a lot (and I mean A LOT) higher than that I see for you overseas... :eek:
I'm looking for PM2, Zulu, Chubby and many others, but here they are well over € 200 (Chubby is over € 300 !!!) and Custom and SS if purchasing overseas are very high.

Just my 2 cents about the Manix 2 S110 V: leaving apart the steel, the ergonomics could't be worst!
I could love all of this knife but it's really a pain to handle it, it hurts my hand, scales are really too much hard and all the micro jimping in FRN is a deadly trap, with all the edges so squared it is not a pleasure to handle it.
A way different from the Stretch 2 that just seats in my hand like it was born there, and the FRN is also not so hard, not at all, well rounded all over.
It's just a pity because so light and with that blade could be one of the best knife to have with us. :o
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Evil D wrote:The knives aren't even the worst part...wait until you start buying sharpening gear.
Don't forget storage and clothing with enough and the right kind of pockets.

Can't forget custom scales, standoffs, sheaths, blade swap knives and tools for taking them apart for mods and cleaning.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Welcome Jumpin'Spyder...
Jumpin'Spyder wrote: The worst part here is that living in Europe we need to reckon with the local prices...a lot (and I mean A LOT) higher than that I see for you overseas... :eek:
I'm looking for PM2, Zulu, Chubby and many others, but here they are well over € 200 (Chubby is over € 300 !!!) and Custom and SS if purchasing overseas are very high.
11 spydies in one month at those prices must hurt the wallet! As a fellow international addict I feel your financial pain, but it took me longer than a year to accumulate 11... ;)
...all the micro jimping in FRN is a deadly trap, with all the edges so squared it is not a pleasure to handle it...
You can fix it yourself by sanding down the handle jimping. I did that on mine and it improved the ergos a lot. The handle edges are a bit square, but its tolerable if the jimping is removed.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Jumpin'Spyder

Post by Jumpin'Spyder »

Brock O Lee wrote:
You can fix it yourself by sanding down the handle jimping. I did that on mine and it improved the ergos a lot. The handle edges are a bit square, but its tolerable if the jimping is removed.
Yes, absolutely I will sand all the FRN jimping, it is pointless and the M2 S110V will be a beater, so it needs to be comfortable in hand.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

MacLaren wrote:
Yup....
For sure. ;) It all goes to a good *cough* cause though.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Kirko

Post by Kirko »

VashHash wrote:I blame the knives more than the people. Once you start using them and realize what you've been missing out on it's hard not to go a bit overboard. Ergos, steel, quality, value, etc etc. Not to mention Sal catering to our request. But where else do you find a sub $100 production knife in S110V with a proper heat treat?
Well said !!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

SpyderNut wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Yup....
For sure. ;) It all goes to a good *cough* cause though.

Yeah, it's sort of like that saying about giving a man a fish vs. teaching him out to fish. You can buy all the knives you want but if you don't have a reliable means of keeping them sharp, they all become useless after enough use. Honestly sharpening and learning how to get a knife sharp was the biggest turning point for me and being a part of this hobby. Growing up I couldn't keep a knife sharp, and so after the knife dulled I usually stopped carrying it. I even got to a point where I carried a Gerber EAB replaceable blade style knife, and for what it was it was an excellent little EDC and I carried it religiously for years because I could buy 100 packs of blades and just replace them as needed. But, ultimately having a way to keep them sharp was the push I needed, even more so than pocket clips and thumb holes and things like that.
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Jumpin'Spyder wrote:...In less than one month 11 new Spydies!!! And now who cares for my empty wallet?!?!?
Spydies.jpg
Congrats Jumpin! That's one great month!

I gotta ask, what's the white FRN one, second from the bottom, on the right. Looks like a Stretch. If so, never seen a white FRN one before. I'm jealous. Nice!

James
Jumpin'Spyder

Post by Jumpin'Spyder »

vaisforlovers wrote:
Jumpin'Spyder wrote:...In less than one month 11 new Spydies!!! And now who cares for my empty wallet?!?!?
Spydies.jpg
Congrats Jumpin! That's one great month!

I gotta ask, what's the white FRN one, second from the bottom, on the right. Looks like a Stretch. If so, never seen a white FRN one before. I'm jealous. Nice!

James
Hi James,

yes it's a Stretch but not white (sorry for the bad light in the photo), it's grey and it's a Super Blue Sprint run.
It's really amazing! I don't speak about the blade steel, a lot of other people talk better than me about this topic, but the ergonomics of all of it, it's just like it must be: perfect.

I was just comparing to the Manix 2 LW S110v, while this is a pain to handle,, the Stretch is heaven, FRN from Seki seems also better than FRN from Golden: sturdy but not hard in the hand, the Volcano pattern also is less aggressive on the skin but functional.
And the all rounded lines do the rest. I really like the Stretch. :D
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Joking, obviously! But the Bug bit me hard again and know it's only up to me :eek: There is no antidote to the bite: I was healty for some years but now I'm in again :spyder:
You're welcome. :)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
awa54

Post by awa54 »

One of Spyderco's competitors should start a Spyderholics Anonymous forum to "help" those of us afflicted with Spyderco Acquisition Disorder ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

awa54 wrote:One of Spyderco's competitors should start a Spyderholics Anonymous forum to "help" those of us afflicted with Spyderco Acquisition Disorder ;)
With an 'Intervention' area that allows those afflicted to sell off the things that caused their addiction at knock-down prices to those looking to help with the therapy?

What a good idea ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
awa54

Post by awa54 »

demoncase wrote:
awa54 wrote:One of Spyderco's competitors should start a Spyderholics Anonymous forum to "help" those of us afflicted with Spyderco Acquisition Disorder ;)
With an 'Intervention' area that allows those afflicted to sell off the things that caused their addiction at knock-down prices to those looking to help with the therapy?

What a good idea ;)
I would force myself to help those in need!

Someone has to do it right?
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

awa54 wrote:
demoncase wrote:

What a good idea ;)

I am also all about helping the needy. Anything I can continue sure to let me know.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Jumpin'Spyder

Post by Jumpin'Spyder »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:
awa54 wrote:
demoncase wrote:

What a good idea ;)

I am also all about helping the needy. Anything I can continue sure to let me know.
You, very bad guys! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I suspected that here I would have found some SpyderDevils...Please leave me alone with my addiction and and do not try to save my already ruined life...otherwise I have to go in Golden and talk directly with Sal! :D :D :D :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: